300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin Park

Starting this post to separate Wheaton and Franklin Park.

A quick update on Franklin Park: They interviewed the top 20 applicants last Wednesday night. They said that the results would be in the next day (they sure got our hopes up). No news yet, but we should get notice fairly soon I would think. They said that if they go through the top 20 they would interview a second group of 20 at a later date. So that is where it stands, if you had an interview then you have a decent chance of getting hired, as some of the guys I talked to are pretty far along with other departments. If you didn't get an interview (and even if you did) keep filling out those apps. Best of luck to everyone.

A quick update: Letters to send in preference points for military, police, and education have gone out. They are due back by 08/14/10, after which they will send the final scores out. I wonder if you can receive points from multiple categories, I hope not since I only have one, but who knows. Best of luck.

Comment

Got my letter today too. Most departments will only give you credit for one item (military service, a degree, or prior LE experience) and it's only worth up to 5 points I believe, so I think we're in luck as I only have one thing too.

Comment

Anybody hear back from Franklin Park with regards to the final eligibility list?

Comment

Originally posted by sketchy002 View Post
          Anybody hear back from Franklin Park with regards to the final eligibility list?
          I got a reply to an email I sent to the Secretary of the Fire and Police Commission and she said that we should receive a letter by the end of next week. So be looking for it mid to late next week. The reason it probably took so long was they probably had to wait for the board to approve the final list. So one more week of patience...hopefully...

Comment

Final list is in, check your mailboxes.

Comment

I did better than I thought!

Comment

jm23 sketchy002 I hope you guys got put on with FPPD. Can you let me know how it went for you and how it is going?

If anyone else can provide some feedback on this department I would greatly appreciate it.
                How is the morale?
                Are they looking to hire or just create a list?
                What type of calls are considered the norm for this department?

Thank you for your time answering these questions.

Comment

I know this is an old post but franklin park just did another testing, I believe they said they were looking to hire 3 next year. I just got an interview date with them was wondering if anyone had an idea on how big the list would be this time around as they didn't say how many they are interviewing.thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10467 users online. 446 members and 10021 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X