300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County Sheriff's Police Department

Good moarning everone, I also hope that everone is doing well. Does anyone know what the steps are to join the Cook County Sheriff's Police Department. Thank you everone for the response.

You could of done a little research on here before posting. The question has been answered already.

But yea... first you need to apply. lol

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman1979 View Post
      Good moarning everone, I also hope that everone is doing well. Does anyone know what the steps are to join the Cook County Sheriff's Police Department. Thank you everone for the response.
      The Cook County Sheriff's office does not hire for the position of police officer from the general public nor do they accept lateral transfers. You must first be hired as a correctional officer or deputy and complete one year of service before being able to apply for Sheriff's police.( County guys correct me if I'm wrong. its been a while.) the problem is that they do not hire for Sheriff's police all that often. This may change due to recent events or with the expansion of the CO to PO pilot program. FYI there is already a thread that covers all depts of the Cook County Sheriff's office. You should look there for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Made1981 View Post
        The Cook County Sheriff's office does not hire for the position of police officer from the general public nor do they accept lateral transfers. You must first be hired as a correctional officer or deputy and complete one year of service before being able to apply for Sheriff's police.( County guys correct me if I'm wrong. its been a while.) the problem is that they do not hire for Sheriff's police all that often. This may change due to recent events or with the expansion of the CO to PO pilot program. FYI there is already a thread that covers all depts of the Cook County Sheriff's office. You should look there for more information.
        Thank you. Believe me i have been doing my research all day.

Comment

if you did your research it tells you right on the CCSD website.

Comment

Look at these two threads. Both of them have good info on what you need and more.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...OC-Court-CCSPD
            http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ional-Officers

Comment

The old site did for sure, either way plenty of forums on here.

Comment

I believe you can still pick up applications at the various Circuit Court locations since this is still being advertised on TheBlueLine.com

http://theblueline.com/feature/ILcookcountyco.html

Comment

You also need an associate's degree along with 1 year work experience in the courts or jail before you can take the ccspd test.

Comment

Originally posted by puretone View Post
                    You also need an associate's degree along with 1 year work experience in the courts or jail before you can take the ccspd test.
                    Thanks for the head's up.

Comment

You technically don't need a associates degree, I believe it’s a min of 60 semester hours (doesn't have to be a degree). Sheriffs Police is considered a promotion within the department, that’s why you need to previously work in the jail or courts and why they don't except laterals. Sheriffs Police test every 2 years.

SPIDER, Pretty much if you have to inquire about the Sheriffs Police, you’ll never get on. Those that get on right away know it while their applying for DOC or Courts. Your probably gonna have better luck playing the lottery everyday. As you go through the process, your gonna hear all the idiots talking about they know him and her, and theyre getting on the “road” after one year…..theyre full of it. Because if it was true, they wouldn't be blabbering their mouths off. Yesterdays winning Mega Millions #’s were 12,18,28,36,43, (19) Good Luck.

Comment

first step is to spell "morning" correctly

Comment

The second step would be to spell "everyone" correctly...

Comment

Originally posted by Z71Mike View Post
                            The second step would be to spell "everyone" correctly...
                            It would be safe to say -generally speaking- that one should simply just learn how to spell.

Comment

If you have to ask youre already disqualified...call your chinaman and have that envelope ready.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2706 users online. 116 members and 2590 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X