300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD Officer Shot

Just heard on the news that a police officer (and the offender) was shot @ a police facility for special units on 61st and Racine, and that the p.o. is in very critical condition. The few details that were listed were on ABC 7 4:30pm newscast. Does anyone have any other details about the situation?

P.S. Keep this officer in your prayers and hope for a quick and speedy recovery.

UPDATE:
    The Police Officer passed away (announced @ 4:50pm on ABC 7 news).
    Thoughts and prayers to his family (RIP).

Comment

Prayers for the family

Comment

Rest in peace Brother. I see the smoke of a burning city.
        www.saveavet.org

Comment

This is very sad. Press indicates the officer was 43 y/o male, married, no kids, and is an instructor at the academy. The officer was detached for one week to a fast district to counter youth violence. The offender apparently was robbing a police parking lot.

This is ridiculous. God bless the police and I hope the scum that shot him dies a slow agonizing death so he has not the luxury of attending the university for criminals. If legal, I would gladly expedite that process.

Thanks to the people that risk all every day!

Comment

Fox Chicago is reporting a completely different story from all the other media outlets:

A Chicago Police officer was shot and killed with his own gun Wednesday afternoon at a South Side police facility, sources told FOX Chicago News.

Sources told FOX Chicago News that the officer had gotten into an argument with the suspect earlier in the day. They say the suspect waited until the officer's shift ended, confronted him, then grabbed the officer's gun and shot him.
            Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Rip...............

Comment

I'm off today, but heard that dude tried to rob the copper in the old 007 Dist. parking lot, which is used by TRU, and was shot by another P/O who heard the shots. Truly a shame. 007 is a war zone. Don't think that area can ever be brought back in line.

Watch your surroundings. Stay safe on the street.

Comment

Rest in Peace Brother.... Be safe my brothers and sisters in blue!

Comment

My thoughts and prayers to the officer's family. May he rest in peace. God bless him for the work he did.

Comment

RIP brother....my thoughts and prayers are with his family

Comment

This just sucks, RIP to this brave Officer. Rot in hell to the one who survived. Englewood is worse than Baghdad..
                        Code:
                        <iframe src="http://www.iconator.com//box-one.php?id=1665042" width="100" height="100" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" background-color="transparent"></iframe>

Comment

I won't spread the rumor I heard about what the department may or may not do until I hear it more officially, but if you see a CPD station without it's flag a half-staff, please call and complain. One of our brothers lost his life on CPD property, and lowering the flag is just the start to the respect we can pay.

Comment

Officer Soderberg was an instructor for our survival classes in the academy. He would always pull me to the side and reassure me I was perfect for this job. I'm not sure if Officer Soderberg did this will all the recruits, however with me I really felt he was being sincere. For some reason all our conversations would end with Officer Soderberg encouraging me to apply to CPD someday.

I last saw Officer Soderberg several months ago. Although brief, he still acknowledged me with that great big smile and a wave. Life is short, and I'll admit at times I take that for granted - if I could I would of atleast reminded him how much of an impact he had on me during the academy.

Sir, your training and inspiration will always be imperative to my safety both on and off duty. Rest in Peace
                            Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Graduating cadets honor Officer Soderberg:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...rticle-7554601

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10362 users online. 372 members and 9990 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X