Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crystal Lake PD

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Crystal Lake PD

    Is anyone testing with CLPD this weekend? Does anyone know if they are hiring or just making a list? The only information that I have/know is that the posting on blueline stated that they plan to give certified officers "extra" preference but I am unsure as to exactly what this means. Any/all information is appreciated.

  • #2
    message deleted
    Last edited by LEJ2010; 06-10-2010, 01:21 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I planned on testing, but I am in a wedding that day/afternoon. I had to choose testing or standing up in my good friend's wedding, and I let the economy decide for me... Haha. Good luck to those testing!
      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

      Comment


      • #4
        message deleted
        Last edited by LEJ2010; 06-10-2010, 01:22 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LEJ2010 View Post
          So how did Crystal Lake go guys? What did CLPD have to say at the orientation? How many ppl ended up showing up there? Give us all the juicy details lol
          Crystal Lake was good I guess. To begin with I would guess that there was approximately 175-200 applicants but I am not sure. We began with a very brief orientation from the chief. He talked a little bit about the importance of community oriented policing and how the department always tries to attract high quality candidates etc.. Overall, he seemed like a very approachable person but he seemed to dance around if the department was hiring or just establishing a list and didn't take any questions after his speech. After this, we began the physical test.

          As for the physical, the only part that was administered by their officers was the bench. Aside from this CLPD had volunteer people administer the sit-ups, sit and reach and count the laps for the people running. Surprisingly not many people failed the physical but it should be noted that they were not very stringent about the sit-ups at all. What I mean by that is that candidates were able to put their hands across their chest or behind their heads, and therefore most people put their hands over their chest and did what would be similar to that of a crunch yet was counted as a sit-up. Some candidates even went as far as grabbing the back of their legs to pull their body up and it was counted as a sit-up.

          After the physical we took the written and were told that we should receive a letter in a week or to inform us if we passed and when we could expect to have an interview (I am guessing that everyone is getting an interview). Overall, it seems like a good place to work but who knows what is going to happen with it due to the current economy.

          Comment


          • #6
            The written test was ridiculously easy as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dansik View Post
              The written test was ridiculously easy as well.
              I would agree. I decided to change a few answers for the psych/ personality at the end though. I figured that I always pass the test but never with flying colors (they rank you based on how you answer the literacy part and the psych/ personality) so why not try and change a few small answers at the end? Hopefully I didn't throw the test completely though..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Z71Mike View Post
                I would agree. I decided to change a few answers for the psych/ personality at the end though. I figured that I always pass the test but never with flying colors (they rank you based on how you answer the literacy part and the psych/ personality) so why not try and change a few small answers at the end? Hopefully I didn't throw the test completely though..
                Haha I did the same thing, I took the test for Elmhurst a couple weeks ago and was disappointed in my score, I think it had something to do with the way I answered some of the psych questions, so I changed them for this test. We'll see when the Crystal Lake results come out if I doomed myself or not. Good luck to everybody that was there with me, it seemed like a really good group!
                Last edited by sketchy002; 06-07-2010, 12:48 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Crystal Lake would be a great department to work for. Do they have a 1 year list or 2 year list?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Anyone else get an interview? Definitely was not expecting them to start so quickly.
                    Last edited by dansik; 06-08-2010, 12:13 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yep, I have my interview on July 6th. I think that CLPD is conducting the interviews in order the determine the applicants preliminary position on the eligibility list though so I don't know how positive it is just yet. I am unsure how they are weighting the results though. Does anyone know if the interviews are group or individual? Either way, best wishes and good luck to all.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Z71Mike View Post
                        Yep, I have my interview on July 6th. I think that CLPD is conducting the interviews in order the determine the applicants preliminary position on the eligibility list though so I don't know how positive it is just yet. I am unsure how they are weighting the results though. Does anyone know if the interviews are group or individual? Either way, best wishes and good luck to all.
                        Mine is June 15th, so I'll let you know in about a week. Just got done doing an interview with Fox Lake and it was a group one. While it was interesting to hear others answers, I definitely prefer the individual ones.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ok, so I called up a buddy from college who works there now and here is what he had to say.. We had 138 people show up for the initial orientation/ physical and only 8 failed the physical. He is unsure how many/ if any failed the written but will keep me posted if he gets a number. In the past the interviews have been done individually and he believes it will be the same way this time. I talked to someone else who tested with us this past weekend and he said that his interview is July 9th so I have no idea how many there are doing per day/ week. Hope this helps.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dansik View Post
                            Mine is June 15th, so I'll let you know in about a week. Just got done doing an interview with Fox Lake and it was a group one. While it was interesting to hear others answers, I definitely prefer the individual ones.
                            Definitely let me know how it goes, mine is scheduled on July 12. If it's individual I think I'm better prepared this time compared to when I went for Johnsburg...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by corona11 View Post
                              Crystal Lake would be a great department to work for. Do they have a 1 year list or 2 year list?
                              Most departments around here usually keep their lists for 2 years.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5617 users online. 183 members and 5434 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X