Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speeding ticket

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speeding ticket

    Well, I'm an idiot and got my first speeding ticket ever, and decided last week was the best time to do so. I was wondering, if I was able to get court supervision and it removed, when applying for departments do I need to list that once it's removed? How does court supervision work? Any info would be great.

    I don't plan on applying to departments from now until I have it removed.
    "One definition of hell is when the person you are now meets the person you could have become."

  • #2
    There really is no such thing as having it removed. The police will always be able to see it. With that said, having a ticket is no big deal. Just pay the fine and list it on your applications. Only hang-up is that some departments do have policies where they can not hire you within one year of having a ticket. But like I said I don't think every department does that.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's not really "removed". The departments you apply to will know about it. The only people who dont find out about it if you have it "removed" is insurance companies. So it may save you from having your rates raised..

      Don't worry about it though. 1 speeding ticket will not keep you from getting a job as a police officer. Pay the ticket and move on.. you'll be fine!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, I know some departments have different policies. I actually asked the trooper when I got pulled over after he gave me the ticket, lol. I've been driving 8 years now, so one ticket... I would certainly hope that doesn't completely throw me off the books. Thanks for the information. I finally got my insurance down some more since I was off it for 6 months, they jacked it up once I got a new car, I definitely don't want that going up. Guess I'll be in Morrison IL next month :P
        "One definition of hell is when the person you are now meets the person you could have become."

        Comment


        • #5
          Don't sweat it. One ticket isn't a big deal.
          For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

          "Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

          Comment


          • #6
            I take it you were in Whiteside County on I-88? I have some experience receiving tickets while driving to and from school. Each time I received a ticket I was going slower than the previous ticket (80.26, 71, and 68). I've learned my lesson, and now set my cruise control to exactly 65 between mile markers 40 - 10.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by yogao View Post
              I take it you were in Whiteside County on I-88? I have some experience receiving tickets while driving to and from school. Each time I received a ticket I was going slower than the previous ticket (80.26, 71, and 68). I've learned my lesson, and now set my cruise control to exactly 65 between mile markers 40 - 10.
              You got a ticket for going 68 in a 65? I'm glad I don't drive on I88!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TomfromIL View Post
                You got a ticket for going 68 in a 65? I'm glad I don't drive on I88!

                It was Dec 23, I was driving home for the holidays, and following a semi. At the time I was driving a Mustang, but I wasn't driving like an idiot. I went to court and the ticket was thrown out. I have since gotten rid of the Mustang and haven't received a ticket since.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by yogao View Post
                  It was Dec 23, I was driving home for the holidays, and following a semi. At the time I was driving a Mustang, but I wasn't driving like an idiot. I went to court and the ticket was thrown out. I have since gotten rid of the Mustang and haven't received a ticket since.
                  Why'd they throw it out? Did the judge agree that 68 in a 65 is BS? haha

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That's funny, I just looked at my ticket and that's where I got it. I was going 85 though. LOL I'll take note. I'll be heading that way when I get off work. I'll be sure to take notice. I hardly see troopers on 88 too, and when I have, I've gone that fast past them, or they've come up behind me and passed me.

                    No reason for me to go that fast anyways, not like it really does much, what? Save me 5-10 minutes on my trip? Meh!
                    "One definition of hell is when the person you are now meets the person you could have become."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by niutrav09 View Post
                      Why'd they throw it out? Did the judge agree that 68 in a 65 is BS? haha
                      I'm not exactly sure. I hired a lawyer and it was taken care of.

                      I went to the S. of S. to get a copy of my driving record when I applied to a position in WI, and I couldn't find any of my tickets on there. I had a ticket but when to traffic school in 2004, and then received tickets in 1999, '01, and '02 (with the one in '02 getting thrown out).

                      As previous members have posted that tickets never go away, is there away to find out what exactly is on my driving record? I have a copy of a "clean" report, but I know I received tickets in the past. How concerned should I be since I'm going on 6+ years without a ticket?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dude, 1 ticket is not gonna matter...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jennifer_S View Post
                          Well, I'm an idiot and got my first speeding ticket ever, and decided last week was the best time to do so. I was wondering, if I was able to get court supervision and it removed, when applying for departments do I need to list that once it's removed? How does court supervision work? Any info would be great.

                          I don't plan on applying to departments from now until I have it removed.
                          Every State and every court do things differently. There are ways to keep it from ever going on your drivers history. Many courts will actually send it in as a dismissal after the diversionary program is completed. What the system will show is you got a ticket and it was dismissed in court. It is like you never got a ticket for all practical purposes. Afterall, this is the good old USA, innocent until adjudicated guilty.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by yogao View Post
                            I take it you were in Whiteside County on I-88? I have some experience receiving tickets while driving to and from school. Each time I received a ticket I was going slower than the previous ticket (80.26, 71, and 68). I've learned my lesson, and now set my cruise control to exactly 65 between mile markers 40 - 10.
                            let me guess. you go to WIU

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by livewire1 View Post
                              let me guess. you go to WIU
                              Surprisingly no. I went to Augustana College. I would have saved a ton of money if I would have gone somewhere else. I feel like one of the only people that didn't go to WIU when I meet people at various tests.

                              Comment

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 8166 users online. 461 members and 7705 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X