300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus259
    Was anyone else at Lansing today for the physical/written? Not bad at all. They said 71 showed for orientation, 9 didn't show for the test today, and about 10 failed the physical. They did say they were looking to grab one pretty quick and were hoping to hire at least 3 soon after. Not a bad deal if
    you ask me :-D
    Not a bad deal? Maybe if they didn't have residency. Heard they were stonewalled on their latest contract too. Hey, it's a job and it beats humping shingles up and down a roof or sweating in a steel mill... In this horrible economy with layoffs from PD's everywhere you gotta take what you can get even if it's not worth a look in other times.

Comment

Having any police job right now is better than nothing at all.

Comment

I for one would love to work at Lansing. They have a lot of special units one can be involved in, they also put a lot of emphasis on training (they have their own ranges), and they are constantly trying to improve their technologies (budget depending). As for residency, Lansing isn't a bag place to live, there are places that one might not prefer to live in, but there is definitely enough ground in Lansing that you can find whatever you are looking for. It is a three year commitment, so if this is a desperation choice I would recommend just waiting for another dept. to open up.

I was also at the testing and by the time we took that test we were down to 54 applicants. With one immediate, and two potential hires for this year, and three potential hires for next year, one has much better odds at this dept., but again if its not really what you want leave it for those who do. Good luck everyone who is in the process.

Comment

Anyone hear anything from Lansing yet? I know the test administrator said he would have the written graded in about a week or so. It's just a waiting game checking the mail, lol
          I finally got a letter today stating that I passed the written/ physical and was invited to participate in the oral interviews next month.. Hopefully a lot of people failed the written and the competition is minimal.. Best of luck to everyone else.

Comment

Yeah I got the list today too. I am surprised that only 4 people submitted veteran points, I thought there would have been more people. Now we will just have to wait and see how quick they will move down the list. September 30th is the big day, they should announce all the COPS grants then. Best of luck to everyone on the list.

Comment

Sep 30th? I didn't know Lansing was applying for grants to hire? During the interview, they just said they may hire/may not depending on budget, but they weren't "looking immediately"? Always good to know though.
              During the orientation the Chief said that they were looking to hire one immediately and possibly two more depending on COPS grants. That is my recollection of the orientation, but things might have changed since then and what they told you in the interview might be more accurate, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by jm23 View Post
                September 30th is the big day, they should announce all the COPS grants then. .
                Off topic but is there a website where we'll be able to see what departments were awarded grants? I had no idea that the 30th was the day they would announced but this is of huge importance to me.

Comment

Originally posted by niutrav09 View Post
                  Off topic but is there a website where we'll be able to see what departments were awarded grants? I had no idea that the 30th was the day they would announced but this is of huge importance to me.
                  Yeah the DOJ/COPS website says grants should be decided by Sept. 30th.

Comment

FYI, I just got the call that they have 2 immediate openings, but I turned them down as I have already been hired elsewhere. Best of luck to those on the list.

Comment

A low turn out for the exam this past weekend. I counted less than 30 people who showed up for the exam. This is the first department that I have tested for which grades your exam on the spot. When I left I knew there were at least 10 people who did not pass. There were still others taking the exam. They are looking to hire 2 soon. I think my odds here are extremely good. Here is hoping for the best.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                        scotty_appleton814 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        well good luck to you

• egwinl
                        egwinl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you. I am still applying to Elgin as well @scotty_appleton814

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7156 users online. 251 members and 6905 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X