2710 170th Street
    Lansing, IL 60438
    Phone: 708-895-7203

Salary: $49,387 - $74,008
    Population: 28,000
    Sworn Officers: 57
    Application Deadline: 5/29/10

POLICE OFFICER APPLICATIONS

The Village of Lansing Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Probationary Police Officer.

Requirements are:
    * U.S. citizen
    * 21 years of age by June 19, 2010
    * Under the age of 35 at the time of final eligibility posting unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioners Act
    *Must have 60 credit hours (official transcripts required at orientation)
    * Lansing residency required within six months of completing probation

Application packets will be available from Wednesday, April 28, 2010 through Saturday, May 29, 2010 for a non-refundable fee of $25 at:

Lansing Municipal Center
    3141 Ridge Road
    Lansing, Illinois

A mandatory orientation session will be held June 14, 2010 at 5:30 p.m.
    The physical agility/written exam will be June 19, 2010 at 8:00 a.m.

Please contact the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners with any questions at: 708-895-7203

The Village of Lansing is an Equal Opportunity Employer

http://theblueline.com/feature/ILlansing4.html

Going to say what another person said in another thread. Thanks for letting us know, but in a tight job market (espcially this field) best to let people figure out who is testing. They have Internet and newspapers. If they are serious about being officers, than can do the research.
    You and many others are competing for that 1 position. I think you would want the less to know, the better for you.

Just my $.02. But thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Their test conflicts with Hawthorn Woods. Gonna have to do some thinking about which place I'd rather apply. Hawthorn Woods clearly states they need to fill 1 position "immediately".

Comment

I was thinking the same thing too. At least wait until the applications were due then post something if you want to talk about it. As far as lansing goes never been there, but it is in the middle of some bad areas I think.

Comment

Sorry for posting earlier guys, I haven't really been monitoring the discussions lately so I did not know that everyone was waiting until after apps were due/ orientations to talk about the testing/ info on certain departments etc.

Comment

z71: its cool

Was thinking of giving them a call to see if they were hiring or just making a list. most likely will not get an answer. Im usually in that area every other weekend. Near crummy towns but good for experience reasons. Yeah the residency thing will suck.

Comment

Originally posted by ChgoPaintball View Post
              z71: its cool

Was thinking of giving them a call to see if they were hiring or just making a list. most likely will not get an answer. Im usually in that area every other weekend. Near crummy towns but good for experience reasons. Yeah the residency thing will suck.
              Its just a list.

Comment

Talking about a test on theblueline is different than a local unadvertised one

See you guys at Lansing.

Comment

Originally posted by ht2121 View Post
                  Its just a list.
                  A friend of mine was on the last list. I don't think they hired anyone off that list either not 100% though.

Comment

yeah just called. just making a list at the moment. they are checking their budget from what the lady said. "At this time, we are making a list and looking over our budget. Until then, its just a list." Thats what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by chihopefull View Post
                      A friend of mine was on the last list. I don't think they hired anyone off that list either not 100% though.
                      I had a friend that was on the list in the top 3, he never got called.

Comment

Originally posted by ht2121 View Post
                        I had a friend that was on the list in the top 3, he never got called.
                        Yeah this test is looking like another dead end. Dam economy.

Comment

For people who don't know the area, its crappy, I grew up in Chicago Heights, not to far away. But you have to take what you can get. I was looking at Hawthon Woods vs Lansing also, problem with HW is there are only 11 officers according to Blueline, so by sheer numbers I would assume that one hire will be the only one for a while. This economy sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminOlejnik View Post
                            For people who don't know the area, its crappy, I grew up in Chicago Heights, not to far away. But you have to take what you can get. I was looking at Hawthon Woods vs Lansing also, problem with HW is there are only 11 officers according to Blueline, so by sheer numbers I would assume that one hire will be the only one for a while. This economy sucks!
                            But according to BHO, its getting better. Yeah it doesnt look good wherever you apply. Not being picky when it comes to tests. Only thing I hate is when I apply to 3 places and 2 of 3 are testing the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by niutrav09 View Post
                              Their test conflicts with Hawthorn Woods. Gonna have to do some thinking about which place I'd rather apply. Hawthorn Woods clearly states they need to fill 1 position "immediately".
                              Both of these tests conflict with Carol Stream's test...lol it's hard to make a decision!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7405 users online. 289 members and 7116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X