Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smh.... I had a good laugh at that. The news bahahaha

Comment

You guys don't understand what he is saying? I mean Cicero has had these issues since the 1920's. I understand you can't believe everything you see on news or internet but I mean come on....

Comment

No seriously though, you can't base everything off of that alone.
        Last edited by southpaw26; 01-26-2014, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidana View Post
          You guys don't understand what he is saying? I mean Cicero has had these issues since the 1920's. I understand you can't believe everything you see on news or internet but I mean come on....
          The problem isn't what he is saying. The problem is that he bashes and passes stories about departments when he himself, isn't even certified or on yet. He doesn't get that a lot of media BS is not even close to the full story, or even all that true to begin with. Yet $20 says he will test with them anyway. Just like he bashed CPD and yet, he took their exam as well. The guy sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyH8Syou View Post
            I meant no disrespect, sorry if it came off that way. What I should have said was "I'm more than happy to work in a crap neighborhood with a "high crime rate" as opposed to a country with their own rules with civilians who don't want to see my pretty face around". And it will be nice to wear lighter armor for a change. Haha. I'm no seal. But forgive me for feeling like working from 12 miles away from. Y residence strikes me as a bit less stressful. Ya dig? I'm taking a pay cut that would make you throw up...if you only knew. But it can't always be about the money I guess. Who knows man...maybe I can even make a difference in a place like maywood....I sure as he'll haven't made one over there. Semper fi, my dude.
            No worries man. I didn't feel any disrespect from your comments myself. Anybody that's been on this board for a little can tell you there's a nice mixture of people who could use a hand on here and a great resource in old schools vets like ChiTownDet and PopsPD who will answer questions and be straight up with you no chaser. Honestly a lot of people here just want to help other people out through some of the same crap we had/have to negotiate. I wish you well throughout the process man. It's a bunch of craziness but worth it...now the whole Semper Fi thing...I'll let slide b/c us Army guys always like to Adopt a Marine and show 'em the ropes..LOL..forgive me dude but I didn't want to help myself on that one but seriously bring your real questions here. You never know who you'll be backing up on this blog if you get on...or who will be backing you up. Much success to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
              And you believe everything on the news...? You really have a lot to learn son.
              You SONd him? HAHAHAHAHAHA Where's the Jack Nicholson approve when you need it? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                You SONd him? HAHAHAHAHAHA Where's the Jack Nicholson approve when you need it? lol

As requested, lol

Comment

@chiefs go get your 60 credits man. No one is going to hire you with a diploma now a days.

Comment

well i can safely say that the little pre-test speech was a little awkward. I instantly started to see what some people are talking about with this department. ive taken three tests in the past two months...and if i dont hear anything back by end of feb i have no choice but to take another contract overseas.

they had four officers speak on behalf of the department...the first kid was cool. new rookie talking about how much exposure and experience hes gotten in his first 2 years... then a female officer steps up to speak and rips him open in front off all the testers saying that maywood is a nice town and officer so-n-so made it sound terrible, and then starts a whole racial conversation that appeared to make a lot of people relatively uncomfortable. two more officers spoke, one about being a female officer and one about "having a badge and a gun dont make you the police"...and then new cheif spoke, i liked him, seams like a straight shooter and he reminded me of this old navy cheif i once new. good man.

anywho, thats the last of my testing for the year, as i said if i dont hear back from them its back to PSD. good information from everyone here, ill be back around.

Comment

Anthony, you sound like you've got your head on straight. Good luck, but you will need more than 1 month to hear back from departments. The hiring process can take 3 or 4 months if you're the number 1 spot, and much longer if you're not. You could also go through 2 or 3 months of the process then be rejected.

It also seems like people got through to you with the Maywood vs Lombard type of argument, but I'll echo it. Police work is what you make of it, and you won't know what you like until you start doing the work. Don't just think that busy or high crime is better.
                      Last edited by Item9; 01-26-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Lime Item9 said it will take longer but best of luck with everything!

Comment

@nissangtr2013 hey no I'm all for higher education, but that isn't necessarily true. I have a few friends that got on with associates or 60 credits RECENTLY. From what they say is its all about your test score and how you do on the orals.

Comment

Ill side with Kev as well. I got to where I am with my 2 year degree. It is a mixture of things. Test scores, common sense, personality, etc.

Comment

@anthony, you'll most likely get an e-mail with your test score and rank the first of next week. If I remember correctly they're interviewing the top 20. If you're ranked in the top 20 you should get invited to an interview with the f&p commission. Atleast knowing your exam rank should give you an idea of where you stand. I think they're hiring 4 in the next 6 months.

Also, the "awkward" speech came from a resident who has pride in her community. I'm sure the members of the fire and police commission, who are also residents, share her perspective. Something worth keeping in mind if you get that interview invite

Comment

At the end of the day you don't need a bachelors in police work, unless if its for promotional eligibility.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7169 users online. 321 members and 6848 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X