Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too. Thats the most I've paid so far. I went back and fourth before I decided to go for it.

Comment

yeah i applied for berkeley, stickney, and maywood all on the same day and i think i paid about $120 for apps that day

Comment

Every time I pay for another test, I just think to myself that its an investment in my future. Something that's got to be done to get me where I want to be.

Comment

Write the fees off on your taxes

Comment

Originally posted by GsxHanner View Post
            yeah same here im hoping that the $50 app fee will deter a lot of people
            it wont, some of the biggest attended tests were $50 ones.
            but the fact that it is Maywood, that will deter people.

i know of a few too many reason not to apply.
            knew a few guys that got canned too from there.
            lets hope this new Chief helps

Comment

I thought about it.. But I'm in the boat of playing the waiting game waiting to hear form a Department!

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                A new chief started a couple days ago, so you'll have to wait a little while to see what changes happen.
                The new Chief has quite an impressive resume:

http://www.maywood-il.org/News&Info/...oliceChief.pdf

http://www.maywood-il.org/News&Info/...3_Fall2013.pdf
                Last edited by southpaw26; 12-20-2013, 05:19 AM. Reason: Added a link

Comment

Nothing really tells where he started out at, or what his ranks were at what agencies..

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                    Write the fees off on your taxes
                    I was not aware that you could do that. I'll have to check into that for sure!

Comment

Looks like the guy can't hold a job! ;->

Comment

I was just going to say he's bounced around a lot!

Comment

^I guess I missed that! Looking back, it just looks like their listing depts/agencies

Comment

Originally posted by CPD015 View Post
                            Looks like the guy can't hold a job! ;->
                            Looks like he has all those appointed jobs being an "aid," "assistant to," "Team Leader," etc, kind of like how Mike Masters gained all his "police" experience, never having ever made an arrest, or attending our Academy..

Comment

whatever, im shooting for it. it will be more exciting than writing traffic tickets in lombard. the money sucks...you can make that kind of scratch doing anything. but its work. Im a recent veteran and current PSD, spent too much time in **** africa and the middle east, maywood will be a cake walk. The old lady is giving me a hard time about being gone 10 months a year so now get to look into local law enforcement.

anyone got any info on cook's academy's? im not even sure how civilian law enforcement training is set up. academy length? am i stuck there the whole time like some sort of boot camp? any kind of R/R? just curious incase this pans out.

Comment

They are 12 weeks long = 480 hrs., drive yourself there every day. M-F, hrs vary, but 0800-1600 generally, UNLESS they send you to Ill. State Police Academy, then, you stay there and get to come home for the weekends. Ones used for the Chicago area are Chicago PD Metro, Cook County (at Triton College), College of DuPage, ISP.

Have to keep at least a 70% average on the weekly tests, usually take a few power tests in the academy, definitely have to take one to get in, have to pass range, and have to pass the State Certification Test (usually given in last week of the academy) to get out. Then most PD's go anywhere from 8-16 weeks of FTO when you get out.

Oh, BTW, these mutts are mobile. Jagoffs that cause crap in Maywood, Bellwood, and the west side of Chi. are only a couple expressway exits away from causing the same in Lombard.

If you get on CPD, about 26 weeks academy, then FTO for a month or 2, then you walk around some crap neighborhood for about 6 months, then more FTO.
                                Last edited by ChiTownDet; 01-24-2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6851 users online. 354 members and 6497 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X