X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 hour shifts...7-3pm 3-11pm etc.
    Top end is approximately 74K
    Morale-horrible, I mean horrible
    Duty Weapons-pretty liberal, I see them carrying Springfield, Glock, Sigs, etc. Different calibers etc.
    Living Restrictions-I think Cook County, however, don't quote me on that one.
    Academy-Cook County--Triton College
    Union-Unknown

Originally posted by chewbaccathewookie View Post
    Anyone know details about this department? Im interested in knowing....contractual stuff such as
    Shift hours?
    Pay Scale?
    Which Union do they have?
    Morale?
    Duty Weapons?
    Living restrictions etc

Also anyone know which police academy they tend to go to?

Comment

Union is ICOPS and residency is 15 miles. A lot of these questions are answered in the packet they handed out at the written. If you didn't attend the written you will have to wait a couple years to apply again.
      Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
        Union is ICOPS and residency is 15 miles. A lot of these questions are answered in the packet they handed out at the written. If you didn't attend the written you will have to wait a couple years to apply again.

yes, yes it was.................however i took it two years ago and am just now finishing everything up so.....................

Comment

In that case, residency is 15 miles within 6 months, probation is a year and starting salary is 39,000. Figured you need to know since you may be hired soon. Where were you on the list and were you going through the process this entire time or did you just start a few month ago? PM me for more info on the contract/pd.
          Last edited by 3531Marine; 10-04-2011, 09:45 AM.
          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

so are they really going to hire 10 officers?

Comment

Originally posted by ochave000 View Post
              so are they really going to hire 10 officers?
              HIGHLY doubt it, just listening to Maywood guys, the max they would hire is 5.

Comment

Did anyone hear anything about the oral yet?

Comment

Maywood oral interview

Got the oral on Thursday nov 3

Comment

Does anyone have any info about Maywood (morale, shift length)? I'm thinking about applying.
                    Last edited by scoop34; 12-15-2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scoop34 View Post
                      Does anyone have any info about Maywood (morale, shift length)? I'm thinking about applying.
                      Very controversial in terms of reputation for being shady and being corrupt etc. I'm sure you would find some great officers there. It's not wise to judge individual officers based on the reputation of their department. This department is one to be very careful with and to do a lot of research on.

Comment

A new chief started a couple days ago, so you'll have to wait a little while to see what changes happen.

Comment

I've been searching around and I can't find much about the department. They are accepting applications and they're due in a few days. I'll just apply and see what happens.

Comment

if you look on the app at the top under "The Department" it gives the department structure which states there is "at least 7 openings"

The Department
                            Currently there are 54 members in the Maywood Police Department. The organizational chart is as follows:
                            · 1 Chief, 1 Deputy Chief (open), 2 Commanders, 4 Lieutenants, 6 Sergeants, and at least 7 openings.
                            · Starting Salary: $42, 140

Comment

Originally posted by GsxHanner View Post
                              if you look on the app at the top under "The Department" it gives the department structure which states there is "at least 7 openings"

The Department
                              Currently there are 54 members in the Maywood Police Department. The organizational chart is as follows:
                              · 1 Chief, 1 Deputy Chief (open), 2 Commanders, 4 Lieutenants, 6 Sergeants, and at least 7 openings.
                              · Starting Salary: $42, 140
                              The 7 openings is what really got my attention. Not where I want to be but I would be able to do what I want do and get some experience. I been through Maywood a million times and it seems like there would be some interesting calls.

Comment

yeah same here im hoping that the $50 app fee will deter a lot of people

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6680 users online. 339 members and 6341 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X