Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccsd0601
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Strummer
    There is no way that Daley wants two police forces in the City of Chicago.
    Also explains why we will probably NEVER, EVER (as long as Daley, and Daley affiliates) see routine patrols done by CCSD within the city limits.

Comment

• SeVere
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ccsd0601
      Also explains why we will probably NEVER, EVER (as long as Daley, and Daley affiliates) see routine patrols done by CCSD within the city limits.
      Sheriff's primary jurisdiction are unincorporated areas or contract cities. Routine patrols implies primary responsibilities not just driving around.

CCSPD does not provide routine patrols in ANY city or town unless that assistance was specifically requested. It has nothing to do with Daley.

They may pass through a city on their way to their beat (which is most likely unincorporated) but are not providing routine patrol services. These services include routine calls for service which for the most part are handled by the responsible department.

CCSD is in the city all the time. Courts, CCDOC, and CCSPD all run operations in Chicago and other burbs, but they don't have routine patrols there because it isn't the county's responsiblity to provide that service in incorporated areas.

Even in Los Angeles, LASD does not provide routine patrols in the city proper. They handle unincorporated areas and contract cities. It just happens to be the case that that some of their unincorporated areas are very urban.
      Last edited by SeVere; 03-24-2010, 08:41 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Brejcha
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2009

I work at the O' Hare and have seen some Aviation Police carrying side arms in full tactical gear...and no they were not CPD / ICE / DEA / CBP ....etc
        "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

• ModerateLiberal
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2010

I work at the O' Hare and have seen some Aviation Police carrying side arms in full tactical gear...and no they were not CPD / ICE / DEA / CBP ....etc
          I work with an officer who is former Aviation and he carried while he was with them.

Comment

• Dompolice
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2008

Aviation is hiring and will probably continue to hire with in the next year. you Just need to wait until they repost it on the their site. This job is a great stepping stone. Yea they dont have guns, but I'm sure "WE" do more work then CPD. Unfortunately Aviation is even responsible to respond to calls outside secured areas without firearms.... Yes we hate it... Its all political...we dont have much of a choice right now.. as of right now ICOPS is fightis for us in Supreme Court so that the City can recognize us a Police Officers, which might give us the opportunity to carry fire arms.

Comment

• ChiTownDet
              Retired
              • Nov 2005

Aviation does NOT carry guns while on duty..There are other entities inside the airports that do (CPD,Customs, ICE, DEA, FAMs), but not aviation. It's a a stepping stone, as was said, to get the Academy, but you're basically security. They are recognized as a Police Dept., but any PD can put limitations as to the scope of your duties and how they are carried out. There's no rule (or law) that says that a Police Officer HAS to be armed. For instance, up until about 10 yrs ago or so, the VA Police at Hines were unarmed. they drove squad cars around, answered calls on the complex unarmed (although some guys kept a hide out gun on them). For many years Cook Co. Hospital Police that worked inside patrolling the Main building , including the E/R, were unarmed. I believe part of the problem is the hiring they've done on that Dept. (see my previous posts on this thread). It is what it is, if you go there, make the best of it and use it for your own benefit. Go into it knowing what it's about, instead of thinking that it's going to become something it's not.

Comment

• Cable
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ChiTownDet
                For many years Cook Co. Hospital Police that worked inside patrolling the Main building , including the E/R, were unarmed. .
                LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

If he had to go in the hospital we had to leave our guns in a guard shack on the ER drive.

<sigh> Memories

Comment

• fanofelcsum
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2010

I saw the posting last year and was going to apply since it seems like good pay, but it said you had to be a certified po with experience? and then I saw another posting that didnt mention you had to be a certified po, which one is it? and what do the shifts look like? I also have a friend who said he applied and he was invited to a power test?

Comment

• Dompolice
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by loyolapd
                    So the list they have now, is it exhausted?
                    There isnt really a list for applicants to view... once you apply, you are placed on the list (that you'll never see) and you be selected for an interview based on your application/background...

Comment

• Dompolice
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by fanofelcsum
                      I saw the posting last year and was going to apply since it seems like good pay, but it said you had to be a certified po with experience? and then I saw another posting that didnt mention you had to be a certified po, which one is it? and what do the shifts look like? I also have a friend who said he applied and he was invited to a power test?
                      Well if you're not certified then you obviously would apply for that posting... Certified positions usually go to retired CPD guys but there are a few from different departments....day shift - 0530-2pm, Afternoon - 0130-10 and nights 0930 to 6am...When you're invited to take the power test, its the power test thats gets you into the actual academy. 2weeks later you'll start the academy.

Comment

• fanofelcsum
                        Forum Member
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dompolice
                        Well if you're not certified then you obviously would apply for that posting... Certified positions usually go to retired CPD guys but there are a few from different departments....day shift - 0530-2pm, Afternoon - 0130-10 and nights 0930 to 6am...When you're invited to take the power test, its the power test thats gets you into the actual academy. 2weeks later you'll start the academy.
                        I didnt know there was an academy, it says security officer not police officer, night shift works good for me lol

Comment

• Dompolice
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2008

Yes, but they are usually hired for full time... All the guys close to retirement take up the part-time spots.

Comment

• Dompolice
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by loyolapd
                            Well all I can do is keep waiting I guess. I went to the academy with about 8 guys from Aviation Police, and still talk to one of them. He said it usually takes a year from the day you apply to get the call for the interview.
                            What academy did u attend? I applied in March 2010 and was in the academy by June. They try to send their guys to Cook County, but some are sent to CPD's academy.

Comment

• Dompolice
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2008

Never mind saw your profile. lol

Comment

• MA Tiedel
                                I love belt-fed weapons
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dompolice
                                What academy did u attend? I applied in March 2010 and was in the academy by June. They try to send their guys to Cook County, but some are sent to CPD's academy.

The Aviation Security Officers go to the Cook County police academy at Triton College. I have a friend who is one of the instructors there. They are certified as police officers even though they don't carry weapons on-duty.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20032 users online. 56 members and 19976 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...