Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Meadows

City of Rolling Meadows Police Department
    Thank you for your interest in the City of Rolling Meadows Police Department. Read this document carefully, paying particular attention to deadlines and required documents.

Minimum Requirements

Fee:$35.00 non-refundable application fee

Citizenship:U.S. Citizen or legal alien (must be able to produce evidence of intent to become a citizen of the United States and have appropriate visas authorizing work). (Please call 800.343.HIRE with questions)

License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License
    Age:21 years of age at time of application deadline and less than 35 years of age at time of appointment, unless otherwise exempt by statute

Vision Acuity: Vision correctable to 20/40 and free of color blindness

Education: High School Diploma PLUS one of the following: Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university OR Attainment of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university

Physical Wellness Testing: Applicants must pass the POWER test before entry into the police academy. Please refer to the end of this packet for information regarding the Illinois Standard POWER test requirements and training tips. For information about taking the POWER test, please visit www.NIPSTA.org.

Application Instructions 1) Visit www.publicsafetyrecruitment.com to complete the online application for the position of Police
    Officer. Your online application must be confirmed no later than 12 Noon on June 28, 2010. You will receive a confirmation number when you complete your online application; Save this number for your records.
    2) Return Release Forms and Required Documents (see CHECKLIST!) before 12 Noon on Monday, June 28, 2010 to Public Safety Recruitment, Attn: RMPD, 1127 S. Mannheim Rd., Suite 203, Westchester, IL 60154. Applications received AFTER the deadline will NOT be accepted. Postmarked or faxed documents will NOT be accepted. Documents may be delivered by mail or by hand during business hours (M-Th 9a-5p; Fri 9a-3p; Closed Holidays and Weekends). Sending required documents via traceable carrier (i.e. UPS, FedEx, USPS Priority Mail, etc.) is highly suggested to ensure timely delivery.
    3) Attend Mandatory Orientation and Written Exam on Saturday, July 24, 2010 at Harper College, 1200 W. Algonquin Road, Building E, Room E-106, Palatine, IL. Arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. with photo identification (valid Driver’s License or State ID) to sign in. Orientation begins at 9:00 a.m. and testing will immediately follow. No late admittance.
    All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.

Post Deleted By Author
    Last edited by LEJAmav; 03-19-2010, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Homerule Government.

Comment

any inside on RMPD anyone?

Comment

Post Deleted By Author
          Last edited by LEJAmav; 03-19-2010, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LEJAmav View Post
            Great department, enough said.
            Actually that's nothing said. Why are they a great PD, please share.
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

And I've heard talk of big budgets issues in Rolling Meadows. I know that's the times we are in, but I think its tough to say "great department" when there is a chance you could be laid off as a new hire.

Comment

Post Deleted by Author
                Last edited by LEJAmav; 04-07-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LEJAmav View Post
                  IDK what I'm talkin about.
                  I'm sure you work there, and I dont doubt it is a great department. But for those people looking to get on, I would think you would have to agree that the potential for layoffs is a concern, no?

Comment

It has been quite some time since this thread has been updated. RMPD has an open application cycle at the current time. Can anyone provide any feed back about the department? Are they hiring or just making a list?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8858 users online. 342 members and 8516 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X