• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montgomery Hiring

All information can be found here

http://www.ci.montgomery.il.us/employment.htm

And also the Blueline

http://www.theblueline.com/feature/ILmontgomery2.html

For those inquiring about the city itself, I live extremely close to Montgomery and can provide some basic information on the town.

Daden, I notice this towns population has grown from ~8,000 people in 2000 ~18,000 in 2010. That's quite a bit of growth. Do you know if this growth is expected to continue?

What high school do Montgomery residents go to?

I imagine it's not a super busy department but it might be kind of steady... get some spillover from Aurora.

Comment

Originally posted by niutrav09 View Post
      Daden, I notice this towns population has grown from ~8,000 people in 2000 ~18,000 in 2010. That's quite a bit of growth. Do you know if this growth is expected to continue?
      No, what town is growing anymore these days? There was pretty much no building last year.

Oswego, Kaneland, Yorkville districts, maybe W. Aurora too

Comment

there is a conflicting date with Orland for anyone thinking of both.

Comment

Originally posted by AxleFoley View Post
          Thanks for the info, you just saved me and my buddy a trip. Just out of curiosity, which date is the conflicting one?

Comment

both have something on 2/27

Comment

The town is land lock with other towns that surround it including Aurora, Oswego, and others. It might grow, but not by much.

Not only Orland, but also with N. Riverside. N. Riverside and Montgomery both have their written exam on March 6 (my b-day)
              Last edited by impala_ws6; 01-28-2010, 07:07 PM. Reason: Entered wrong dept.

Comment

both have something on 2/27
                Montgomery has their POWER test

Comment

Originally posted by impala_ws6 View Post
                  The town is land lock with other towns that surround it including Aurora, Oswego, and others. It might grow, but not by much.

Not only Orland, but also with N. Riverside. N. Riverside and Montgomery both have their written exam on March 6 (my b-day)
                  Your post was a little confusing so I called the PDs to clarify everything. N Riverside is doing all of their testing on March 6th. Orland has an orientation on Feb 27th and their written on March 27th. Lastly, from what I understand Montgomery has some testing on Feb 27th and some on March 6th.

With all of this in mind, I am planning on testing for Orland and N Riverside, partially due to the dates but more importantly because I already paid for the Nipsta Power Test for Orland.

Comment

I imagine it's not a super busy department but it might be kind of steady... get some spillover from Aurora.
                    What others have said, it has grown significantly, but that has since stopped due to the economy. Here in Oswego, we have several subdivisions with only a couple houses built because of the economy slumping.

As far as high schools, West Aurora/East Aurora and Kaneland would be the two main ones.

As far as how busy it is, no personal information on that one. My speculation is definite spillover from Aurora. Their downtown is probably less than a mile from where the east side of Aurora begins, and only <5 miles from downtown Aurora itself.

Comment

They get spillover and can be busy, they loose to other agencies and have been known to be a training ground. I have never had an issue with any of their officers tho. Overall seem like a good group of guys and have always helped us out when needed

Comment

Just heard the chief and two sergeants will be retiring soon. They also just lost an officer to Chicago PD about a month ago.

These four spots do not count the three or four they have been short.

So they will probably hire 4 off this list,maybe 7 or 8.

Didn't Orland Park just lay off one officer?

Comment

Montgomery has a nice facility. I have heard that you can be as busy as you want to be there. Like mentioned above, spill over from Aurora. A friend came from Montgomery PD and he seemed to have liked it when he was there.

Comment

I work near Montgomery and my co-workers know Montgomery officers....

Unlike a lot of departments, from my understanding of Montgomery's situation, Montgomery will be hiring 7-8 people off of this list. Probably not all at once, but within the life span of the list.

Montgomery has it's fair share of mopes and keeps busy. If you look at a map Montgomery is basically Aurora's scrotum... it gets spill over from Aurora.

Once the economy comes back it will continue to grow along Rt. 30 to approximately Rt. 47 and the areas north and south of there.

~

Comment

Originally posted by saltonmyboots View Post

Didn't Orland Park just lay off one officer?
                              Yeah, Orland Park laid off 1 guy back in November and are simply testing to establish a list. They are currently down 2 guys in addition to the retirements that recently happened.

However, the reason I am still going to test with them is because I completed my internship for WIU with their PD and was then offered a civilian position in the PD after the completion of my internship. Although I am well aware and have been told countless times that they (the Village of Orland Park) are on a hiring freeze I feel that I should still test with their PD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8612 users online. 390 members and 8222 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X