300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93COBRA View Post
    I am very high on the final list and I have heard nothing. I have a bad feeling they have hired everyone that was certified regardless of where they were on the list, or they spent the money they were supposed to on more police somewhere else. I am afraid it is the latter.

They have a village official on the payroll that makes $472,255 a year! Full Story Here
    You are incorrect in your assessment. I'm Certified & I have not heard anything either - just another name and number on a list. NO ONE is hiring right now.

Comment

I talked to a guy at my department who knows some of the officers in bellwood -which by the way has barely any working squads because they all got ruined in the recent floods- and he said that they hired 3 of their part-time officers due to a lack of funding and an effort to save money. Oh well, thankfully its a 2 year list hopefully they will be doing some hiring again in the near future.

Comment

i live near the area, I remember when Bellwood tested ,does Melrose Park, Northlake, Schiller Park , Maywood Oak Park ever test? i remember seeing Northelake last year, i never have seen Oak Park or Melrose Park or Schiller Park post a testing am i wrong or am i not looking hard enough

Comment

Originally posted by ochave000 View Post
          i live near the area, I remember when Bellwood tested ,does Melrose Park, Northlake, Schiller Park , Maywood Oak Park ever test? i remember seeing Northelake last year, i never have seen Oak Park or Melrose Park or Schiller Park post a testing am i wrong or am i not looking hard enough
          Maywood pretty recently, it was on theblueline.com Oak Park should be testing very soon (also was on theblueline.com last time). I'm pretty sure its been close to two years since the last test.

Comment

Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Bellwood hired two off the list. Both are on FTO now.

Comment

Yes, they used COPS last time and there was no POWER test. They award preference points for education and military.

Comment

WOW they starting giving out the applications today and they are already OUT!!!!
                  Vaya con dios

Comment

i was number 95 at 100pm and my buddy just picked up one and he was 117 its all gone and they said they werent hiring and the list will be valid for 3 years

Comment

But i think its solid because its the COPS test and many people dont pass it. And they are going to have it active for 3 years is great. Anything can happen in 3 years!
                      Vaya con dios

Comment

i picked up my bellwood app today and came home and told my mom and shes like "working for bellwood is like going to war. youre not working there." i couldnt stop laughing.
                        Last edited by Shyster; 09-27-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I heard that

Comment

I heard they are getting sued because they hired 4 guys as laterals who were not even full time certified police officers. Two of them failed the eligibility test and then were hired later on anyway when the mayor created an illegal ordinance to hire them!

Comment

Originally posted by holy View Post
                              I heard they are getting sued because they hired 4 guys as laterals who were not even full time certified police officers. Two of them failed the eligibility test and then were hired later on anyway when the mayor created an illegal ordinance to hire them!
                              im sure no one would be suprised by that anyways

Comment

The mayor or Village president (not sure what title he uses) is a piece of shi*. The town is broke just like most towns and he has the village trustees purchase him a SRT8 Dodge Challenger. Don't get me wrong the car looks awesome, but I just saw it again the other day when I dropped off a prisoner and all I could do is shake my head.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8501 users online. 383 members and 8118 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X