Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats everyone!! I’m two weeks into the academy already. The academy was shortened down to 13 weeks for us. Make sure to save up some money!! Uniforms and equipment cost a little over $1,100. Gun and gun equipment cost around $950. We still haven’t bought our Class A uniforms yet so that’s probably another $500!! Also, PRACTICE PUSH-UPS!!! If you all have any questions about the academy let me know. Again, congrats and stay safe out there!!

Comment

• Reace
      Reace commented
      Editing a comment
      What is to be expected at orientation?

• GVO1017
      GVO1017 commented
      Editing a comment
      JCG1999
      - The first few days of the academy are a wake-up call for sure. A lot of yelling, push-ups, and running. But, it's all for good reason. Make sure to double-check that you have all your equipment the night before. It'll make your first day go by a bit more smoothly.
      - Yes, you go home everyday.
      - School is doable during the academy, but only if it's online. The academy tends to take up a lot of your time.

• GVO1017
      GVO1017 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Reace
      -During orientation, you'll fill out some paperwork and they'll go over all the equipment that you'll have to buy for your first day. The Chicago patrolmen's credit union will be there as well. If you want to take out a loan with them, they'll have you fill out some paperwork. They'll also take your picture for your Sheriff's I.D.

• JCG1999
      JCG1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok!! How is PT like on a daily basis? Push ups? Sit ups? Running? Etc.

• Ok cool thanks.

Comment

• Still no call for drug test did anyone else interview last week an has not received a call yet?

Comment

• Never mind I just got my letter today

Comment

• Brown2525
          Brown2525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!!! You starting may 10th too?

• mcoria5
          mcoria5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't wait to meet all of yous
          Congrats to everyone that work so hard to get here

• Brown2525
          Brown2525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here ! See you guys Tuesday at orientation

• Reace
          Reace commented
          Editing a comment
          I will also see you all at orientation tomorrow!! Good luck all

• Brown2525 Yeah and Orientation on the 4th.

Comment

• Brown2525
          Brown2525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hell yeah bro!!! See you there

• Took my poly April 5th. Examiner said if i did well and if my BI needed any clarification he would reach out to me .Have not heard back from my BI. Should I be concerned ?

Comment

• mcoria5
          mcoria5 commented
          Editing a comment
          @SicxBenji15 Have you email him?

• blackwidow2020
          blackwidow2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would send an email to HR inquiring about your status.

• I interviewed earlier this month, and I'm still waiting for the drug and Psychological test,I guess they passed me up hope I don't have to go through this process all over again.

Comment

• blackwidow2020
          blackwidow2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          You had your final interview?

• Brown2525
          Brown2525 commented
          Editing a comment
          There is no psych for county. I would call the merit board and ask for a status update. If you haven’t received an non select letter or DQ you should be good

• Yes it was my final interview

Comment

• I believe that the people who are starting on 5/10 took the test before me, is that the way it works can someone please explain, and as far as the Academy do they have a payment plan, and how many push ups are we talking about.

Comment

• Brown2525
            Brown2525 commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you take the written?

• Bluelife01
            Bluelife01 commented
            Editing a comment
            @FinnFinn.. No set number on push ups at the academy you push till the instructor gets tired of seeing you all push !! Payment plan for the academy? You must purchase all of your gear and equipment prior to your start date no payment plan from the uniform store. You get paid while in the academy.

• Riser1x
            Riser1x commented
            Editing a comment
            FinnFinn You can take out a loan prior to the Academy, The loan places will be at your orientation. They deduct it paycheck by paycheck. Although if you can save now it would be better cuz the interest rate can be high. You need about 3000 total.

• I took the test on the 28 of Dec last year

Comment

• Thanks for that I haven't received anything as of yet. So no news is good news, but I will be reaching out to them.

Comment

• Hello,

Does anyone know if the first interview with your investigator changed?
              I have not heard back from my investigator after I filled out and sent him the two forms he sent me via email.
              He said he will call or email if he has any questions regarding my PHQ or documents. Does this mean I'm just waiting for the email if I get certified or not since it is about to be two weeks?

Comment

• FinnFinn
                FinnFinn commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I believe you're just waiting for your email, you should be good.

• Arroyoe
                Arroyoe commented
                Editing a comment
                FinnFinn Cool, thanks!

• Arroyoe From my experience yes you’re just waiting for the certification email. If he has questions before certification he’ll contact you.

Comment

• How many academy classes are they having this year, and when are they starting if anyone knows.

Comment

• Where the hell did you guys find a pocket dictionary?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3252 users online. 207 members and 3045 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X