Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on class 17-08, would like to use my custom tailored Bates pants, and name tags that I couldn't return lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NG93 View Post
      Any word on class 17-08, would like to use my custom tailored Bates pants, and name tags that I couldn't return lol.
      I recently heard that the new union contract passed last wednesday, starting pay is $23.44 an hour and that is effective 01DEC18, so the next class will be after that.
      Last edited by Ls1racer11; 01-23-2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• urkebre
        urkebre commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW that’s very disappointing..I guess we have to forget about it for now

• Ls1racer11
        Ls1racer11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Look on the bright side, I certified 11/22/16

• JLara
        JLara commented
        Editing a comment
        The pay is $23.44? So it went down? 2 of my friends start last year and I saw the pay checks and the starting salary was 52k $25.00

• Ls1racer11
        Ls1racer11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it went down. As of 12/01/18, starting pay is $23.44 an hour. There will be a 2% raise in 2019, and an additional 2% in 2020. So in 2020, pay will be 24.39 an hour with no incentives for 2nd/3rd shift or division 9/10 as speculated last year.
        Last edited by Ls1racer11; 01-23-2018, 03:51 PM.

• I don’t think that matters I know they say 2 years but I read this thread and they called people like 3 years after very date to ask if they are interested still

Comment

• urkebre
        urkebre commented
        Editing a comment
        Cert** date

• I know some people are bummed out, but remember if you want to get into LE, don't put your eggs in one basket. There are dozens of depts around this area and hundreds nationwide that will continue to hire. There is always going to be a smaller pool of people who will be cops compared to those want to cops. But you as an individual have to do your part and apply everywhere you are willing to work and qualify for. It's not an easy journey. Which is why this is one of the most rewarding jobs once you are off probation and have been on the job a few years.

Comment

• I feel positive on just the fact that there's a vacancy announcement out now is a good indication there's motivation to bring officers in.
        There will always be attrition through folks retiring, moving, or getting canned so, don't feel like that December '18 date is set in stone

Comment

• They have not promoted anyone since February 2017- 1 year ago. They have not hired anyone since June 2017. 8 months ago. They will not hire anyone for the foreseeable future. July or August, at the *very* earliest, and even that is pushing it. Several people each month leave for obvious reasons: take other police jobs, CPD, other civilian jobs, move out of state, etc. Several per month leave for CPD. Several leave to take jobs at Suburban departments. So, yes: there is attrition of a certain percentage that is higher than other suburban departments.

I'd like to remind everyone that certain suburban departments go years without hiring. Cook County Probation Department once went 5 years without hiring. Several years back, Cook County Jail went a while without hiring. This happens. It's in a low spell for a while.

Comment

• How's everyone doing? It's been a ghost town around here....

Comment

• urkebre
              urkebre commented
              Editing a comment
              Good man how are you?? Applying anywhere else? Are you on any other lists?? Pm if you don’t want to post on here.
              Last edited by urkebre; 02-10-2018, 12:53 PM.

• NG93
              NG93 commented
              Editing a comment
              Waiting to hear back from CPD took the written, on December 16th, and I also just sent in an application for United States Capitol Police.If you guys want to go federal, you should try searching for law enforcement jobs on www.USAjobs.gov.

• It looks like nothing is happening, return my package for cook county, and on December 4 did my finger prints and drug test. Good thing I got an email from CPD telling me I passed the written Test last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by NG93 View Post
              Waiting to hear back from CPD took the written, on December 16th, and I also just sent in an application for United States Capitol Police.If you guys want to go federal, you should try searching for law enforcement jobs on www.USAjobs.gov.
              They send emails last week, check your junk inbox

Comment

• https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/co...r-budget-mess/

Comment

• Gary4151
                  Gary4151 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You think that’s means they’ll be hiring soon?

• I wonder what's that's signing bonus? That has bad optics wrote all over it considering the sheriff was so not in favor of this contact. From my point of view I want to know what a roll call bonus is? For the jail guards, can anyone here tell me what the actual uniform allowance is? Ummm and of course, the union gives almost 90k to the reelection campaign of Preckwinkle is just such a proper thing too. I mean this is Crook County right! And people wonder how is Crook County running itself into the ground. Of course the president office has no comment, they are not done getting bribed (I mean negotiating in good faith) by the other unions who's contracts are due for renewal. Bummer. I am totally in favor of the 2 percent annual raise. But I don't know how much those new step increases are.

Comment

Last edited by niles2012; 02-12-2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• uniform allowance will be 800 effective jun2018. the step incre​​​​​​ases are 5%. step increase for 2019 and 2020 are frozen. you getting a 2% raise each year instead. staring pay is 10k less effective dec2018. starting right now is 54,201. roll call bonus you will have to be present at a certain percentage of roll calls to recieve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritter View Post
                      uniform allowance will be 800 effective jun2018. the step incre​​​​​​ases are 5%. step increase for 2019 and 2020 are frozen. you getting a 2% raise each year instead. staring pay is 10k less effective dec2018. starting right now is 54,201. roll call bonus you will have to be present at a certain percentage of roll calls to recieve.
                      The roll call bonus seems soo Millennial-my. Getting paid to do something you are supposed to, which is show up to work. It's quite like a participation trophy. I mean is roll call not required at the CCSD?

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

The roll call bonus seems soo Millennial-my. Getting paid to do something you are supposed to, which is show up to work. It's quite like a participation trophy. I mean is roll call not required at the CCSD?
                        its required to show up for roll call 15mins prior to the begining of shift. but many have a problem with it since they arent getting paid for it. others are just lazy. its up to the supervisors to write them up. divisions and shifts all very on what they let slide.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10693 users online. 448 members and 10245 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X