Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was everyone's christmas?

Comment

• It was good how about you?! I am curious if they will start hiring in January

Comment

• Originally posted by urkebre View Post
        It was good how about you?! I am curious if they will start hiring in January
        Mine was good, got some much needed time off. I heard the last class just got off FTO monday so 17-07 is completely done and no classes are currently in session.

Comment

• urkebre
          urkebre commented
          Editing a comment
          My friend said he thinks they are fully staffed now and I don’t understand how

• Originally posted by Ls1racer11 View Post

Mine was good, got some much needed time off. I heard the last class just got off FTO monday so 17-07 is completely done and no classes are currently in session.
        I can't imagine that's true, especially since they still have an active job listing up for COs

Comment

• they will always need people bc retirements and people leaving for other jobs. they have been getting by on the current staffing levels bc they have closed some buildings and cut the number of officers needed in every division on all three shifts. no rumors right now on any upcoming classes.

Comment

• urkebre
            urkebre commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for letting us know!! Hopefully soon they have a class..it’s been a long ride hahaha

• Stiven94
            Stiven94 commented
            Editing a comment
            I heard that there might not be anymore polygraph exam, have you heard anything about it.

• Fritter
            Fritter commented
            Editing a comment
            i havent heard anything about getting rid of the poly.

• I don’t think they will do that. They already got ride of psych..

Comment

• Stiven94
            Stiven94 commented
            Editing a comment
            The investigator that I meet with told me that, he said they been messing it up so idk.

• http://abc7chicago.com/amp/politics/...s-say/2867105/

Comment

• urkebre
            urkebre commented
            Editing a comment
            Very disheartening to read this, it’s going to be quite a wait, and once we do get hired it’s going to worry me if I will get laid off in the future...

• I had my interview and the drug test I believe in November and one of the Sheriff’s/ detectives told us that for the moment they are not doing polygraphs. Which is a good thing because it mean one less step in the process. I also have few friends as Sheriff’s/correctional officers and they all still have a job. Ppl that work at court or another department are the once’s getting fired.

Comment

• I just hope we hear some news soon for new classes starting but it doesn’t sound likely..

Comment

• Originally posted by urkebre View Post
              I just hope we hear some news soon for new classes starting but it doesn’t sound likely..
              I heard that they moved like 70 people from court services back to the jail. I think they are trying move people into more necessary areas, and there's a lot of people who are retiring instead of taking a lesser position. So as soon as they get everything situated, they will probably start classes.

Comment

• A cook county inmate being held at a Kendall county jail, threw feces on an officer on 2 separate occasions. Was sentenced to 10 years in IDOC for the the two incidents.

http://www.wspynews.com/news/local/c...70482bbf1.html

Comment

• Wow they aren’t playing games that’s crazy..well deserved

Comment

• The last class, 17-07, started on 12 JUN 17. They were laid off, recalled, graduated and finished FTO.

For some perspective, there were over 220 people hired in 2017, over 160 in 2016, over 200 in 2015 and over 400 in 2014. I would say 70% remain on average.

There hasn’t been a 7 month gap in the start of a new class in several years, at least before 2010. The jail had to hire and now that has slowed. And things are changing.

In the time that I have been employed, Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, Division 17 (Pre Release) and Women’s Justice have closed down. Old Cermak and Division 3 were bulldozed, with Division 1 this year. The amount of inmates within the compound dropped by 33%. Anyone looking to get hired must understand that the amount of officers will decrease. Even with retirements annually and turnover, they have not had a courts class since early/mid last year. They haven’t had a Sheriff’s Police class in a while either. Metro only.

They have not promoted Sergeants or Lieutenants since February. An entire year without promotions! That doesn’t happen often.

In addition, DOC is implementing 12-hour shift pilot programs across the compound, with the goal of reducing sick time abuse, call offs, and also to reduce the total number of staff while providing the same shift coverage. This will reduce the need for staff and overtime.

Anyone looking to get on a department, I’d apply here yes. Apply everywhere. Don’t pass anything up. Take what’s in front of you!!! Leave or lateral later on. But be mindful that hiring will slow and they can be more “selective” of who they hire.

Comment

• urkebre
                      urkebre commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the info! So they still have to bring the class LS was in before they hire a new one and I just don’t feel like they will hire anytime soon, really sucks to come to the end of the process and finish everything just to be put on hold! But hey it happens. I really hope they have classes soon but it just doesn’t seem likely.

• Originally posted by Steelydan View Post
                    The last class, 17-07, started on 12 JUN 17. They were laid off, recalled, graduated and finished FTO.

For some perspective, there were over 220 people hired in 2017, over 160 in 2016, over 200 in 2015 and over 400 in 2014. I would say 70% remain on average.

There hasn’t been a 7 month gap in the start of a new class in several years, at least before 2010. The jail had to hire and now that has slowed. And things are changing.

In the time that I have been employed, Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, Division 17 (Pre Release) and Women’s Justice have closed down. Old Cermak and Division 3 were bulldozed, with Division 1 this year. The amount of inmates within the compound dropped by 33%. Anyone looking to get hired must understand that the amount of officers will decrease. Even with retirements annually and turnover, they have not had a courts class since early/mid last year. They haven’t had a Sheriff’s Police class in a while either. Metro only.

They have not promoted Sergeants or Lieutenants since February. An entire year without promotions! That doesn’t happen often.

In addition, DOC is implementing 12-hour shift pilot programs across the compound, with the goal of reducing sick time abuse, call offs, and also to reduce the total number of staff while providing the same shift coverage. This will reduce the need for staff and overtime.

Anyone looking to get on a department, I’d apply here yes. Apply everywhere. Don’t pass anything up. Take what’s in front of you!!! Leave or lateral later on. But be mindful that hiring will slow and they can be more “selective” of who they hire.
                    Thanks for all the perspective!

Comment

Last edited by niles2012; 01-26-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10084 users online. 368 members and 9716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X