Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushing an Old Beat Car

------------------------
    Last edited by downlifer; 03-31-2011, 08:13 AM.

yup welcome to the club...the oldest i've driven and is still in service with our dept is a 2000 model with over 220,000 miles. we barely retired our 98 and 99 model units last year. They are soon going to be sold at auction and I wouldnt touch those with a 40 foot pole.

Comment

w--------------
      Last edited by downlifer; 03-31-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

2001 CV, with 110K of city pothole, drive over curb, vacant lot, and alley speed bump miles. Open the gas door, by sticking a pen in the connector for the switch. Half the dash lights. Rust bubbling up on the roof. I even saw a '97 CV in a District the other day. Don't think they're buying anymore anytime soon..

Comment

I tell ya these new Tahoes are a PIA...they wern't built to go from 30 to 60 all day long, lot of engine problems so far...They are going to handle like crap in the winter, were going to have to get sandbags in the trunk or we'll be sliding all over

Comment

At a prior agency I used to work for back in the 1980s, if a patrol car was a real dog, there was a particular officer who would take it out once a week and roll the speedometer forward 5,000 miles. He would then remove the last page from the mileage book, so you could never track who used the car or where it had been.

After a few months, the car had so much mileage that the department couldn't understand why they failed to order a replacement long ago.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
              At a prior agency I used to work for back in the 1980s, if a patrol car was a real dog, there was a particular officer who would take it out once a week and roll the speedometer forward 5,000 miles. He would then remove the last page from the mileage book, so you could never track who used the car or where it had been.

After a few months, the car had so much mileage that the department couldn't understand why they failed to order a replacement long ago.
              The only thing that works here is wrapping the car around a pole...and hope they don't cobble a front clip from another wreck to it..

Comment

Last night I checked out my brand new 2009 with 54 miles on it. When I turned it over to the morning shift it had 107. (Had a dope/gun arrest that took up too much doggone time and kept me short) Of course when I get it back on Wednesday it'll probably have close to 1000. Sigh.
                "Rollin and Patrollin the Wild Wild West of Bham"

Comment

poor baby!
                  One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Post Deleted By Author
                    Last edited by LEJAmav; 03-19-2010, 02:51 AM.

Comment

It sounds like the all work for the wonderful State of Chicago.... My dad has always has a saying when he talks about his squad. " Don't have a dime in it."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14692 users online. 423 members and 14269 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X