300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Brook

Anyone going to be taking their test this Sat? Just go an email from Rose who is in charge of the testings. The email states that the top 50 will get interviews and others will be posted on other "maybe" list. Anyone scoring a 70 or below will not be considered.

Anyone have any info on this department? Seems like a nice place to work for.

got my results today by email and was informed that I passed the exam with a "good" score, but that I did not make it amongst the top 50. So that means I will not be going for the interviews. I was told that if a 2 year list needs to be made, then they will put me on the list. Oh well.

Comment

Don't worry about it bud, i received the same e-mail. I sent one back to her and asked about the process etc. She then replied back to my e-mail with my scores. The crazy thing is that overall I received a 91%. 100% on math and writing, 84% (21/25) on reading comprehension and 80% (16/20) on the grammar.. The crazy thing is that based on the scores I received I only missed 8 questions. By no means am I a genius but wow... you are telling me that there were 50 people above me that missed less than 8 questions?? It is what it is.. Good luck on your next test and don't weat it.

Comment

Thanks Mike, I am going to request for my score so I know where I am at. Wow 8 only? Thats crazy. I am sure they are going to get alot of candidates who only want a job and not a career in law enforcement. Good luck to you to.

Comment

Originally posted by impala_ws6 View Post
          Thanks Mike, I am going to request for my score so I know where I am at. Wow 8 only? Thats crazy. I am sure they are going to get alot of candidates who only want a job and not a career in law enforcement. Good luck to you to.
          Then one day you wake up and realize that a job is exactly what you have in some departments where you have absolutely no shot at upward mobility and are stuck working midnights for your entire career in patrol.

It happens. Your chiefs and supervisors have careers, for some police officers, they only have a job.

It really depends on a lot of factors but for some P.O.'s that is exactly what they have...a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Z71Mike View Post
            Don't worry about it bud, i received the same e-mail. I sent one back to her and asked about the process etc. She then replied back to my e-mail with my scores. The crazy thing is that overall I received a 91%. 100% on math and writing, 84% (21/25) on reading comprehension and 80% (16/20) on the grammar.. The crazy thing is that based on the scores I received I only missed 8 questions. By no means am I a genius but wow... you are telling me that there were 50 people above me that missed less than 8 questions?? It is what it is.. Good luck on your next test and don't weat it.
            don't forget to factor in vet pref points - that can make a big difference in scores - it might also explain how you didn't score in the top 50 with a 91% overall score

Comment

Originally posted by ilparkcop View Post
              don't forget to factor in vet pref points - that can make a big difference in scores - it might also explain how you didn't score in the top 50 with a 91% overall score
              According to the e-mail I received Oak Brook, OBPD is not going to apply points until after the interview process. In my opinion this doesn't really make sense though, because as you stated the points make a huge difference and I would think they would apply prior to the interviews so the interviews are conducted with the top 50 people on the list. O well, I just figure it isn't my time nor my place yet to be hired so I will keep on testing.

Comment

FYI I emailed Rose to find out my rank and score, etc. She told me that due to budgetary constraints, only the top 21 scores are moving onto the interview process. So it may be that you just missed the top 21 ranks so don't feel too bad! There are more fish in the sea..or so I like to keep telling myself.
                Last edited by Into the Blue; 11-30-2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Into the Blue View Post
                  FYI I emailed Rose to find out my rank and score, etc. She told me that due to budgetary constraints, only the top 21 scores are moving onto the interview process. So it may be that you just missed the top 21 ranks so don't feel too bad! There are more fish in the sea..or so I like to keep telling myself.
                  I definitely feel a lot better now and thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                    Then one day you wake up and realize that a job is exactly what you have in some departments where you have absolutely no shot at upward mobility and are stuck working midnights for your entire career in patrol.

It happens. Your chiefs and supervisors have careers, for some police officers, they only have a job.

It really depends on a lot of factors but for some P.O.'s that is exactly what they have...a job.
                    That is EXACTLY the way it works. It is worse when you start young - it is very difficult to be sentenced to a lifetime of patrol and realize it all begins and ends in the same spot. Remember, the majority will rot in that car for their entire careers. It's a very good idea to have outside interests and root a new career path so when you pull the plug you'll have something to look forward to. Ability, experience, and education have little to do with career movement in a police department. It's more about the skill of social engineering and being in the right place at the right time. I, for one, am grateful for being stagnant and bored out of my mind. It has forced me to develop in other positive ways in order to keep my sanity. It is also a good reminder that we work to live...not live to work. All in all I am grateful for having a job in this terrible, terrible economy when so many others are losing their jobs and suffering tremendous hardship.
                    Last edited by OfcrJ; 12-01-2009, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I have not yet received an email informing me that I have failed the written exam. This leads me to believe that I have passed and should receive a letter or email with an appointment for an oral interview.

Their employment information sheet states the oral interviews will be scheduled the first week of December.

Has anyone yet received a letter or email with the oral phase information?

Comment

Originally posted by 93COBRA View Post
                        I have not yet received an email informing me that I have failed the written exam. This leads me to believe that I have passed and should receive a letter or email with an appointment for an oral interview.

Their employment information sheet states the oral interviews will be scheduled the first week of December.

Has anyone yet received a letter or email with the oral phase information?
                        Contact Rose at [email protected] she will let you know. Even if you passed I would think you woud get a notification. I passed the exam, but I won't be going to an interview anytime soon. Don't assume things, sometimes you have to take charge.

Comment

Originally posted by impala_ws6 View Post
                          Contact Rose at [email protected] she will let you know. Even if you passed I would think you woud get a notification. I passed the exam, but I won't be going to an interview anytime soon. Don't assume things, sometimes you have to take charge.
                          I received an email today informing me I made the top 50 with an overall score of 95. I do not have any available preference points.

In this situation, I would advise against "taking charge"; as the last thing you would want to do is irritate someone coordinating the hiring process.

Comment

Originally posted by 93COBRA View Post
                            I received an email today informing me I made the top 50 with an overall score of 95. I do not have any available preference points.

In this situation, I would advise against "taking charge"; as the last thing you would want to do is irritate someone coordinating the hiring process.
                            Yes if it was the day after taking the exam or if they specifically state not to contact them about the results. Human error can occur and you could have missed an opportunity especially when you see that alot of us alredy got out results.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2416 users online. 111 members and 2305 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X