• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best departments in IL

What are some top notch depts in IL?

SOLID PAY
    GREAT MORALE
    GOOD ADMINISTRATION

Is there there depts out there that have all 3 things going for them?

uh no

No. Some departments may have 2 of 3 but certainly not 3 of 3. If you find that miracle department, let me know, my app will be in the mail.

~

Comment

That is a hard question to answer. All three of these areas are very fluid. They can change in a very short period of time. The retirement of a good Chief can change the whole department almost overnight.

Comment

Illinois State Police has two out of three, but that seems to be changing.
        They have an excellent pay structure,
        The morale is good (mainly because of the pay structure).
        The administration is where they lose out. You have several thousand troopers that want to go out and do solid, old-fashioned police work. They want to help people, catch bad guys and feel good about what they do. Then come the pin-heads in Springfield that would dictate and micro-manage their every task. They are told where to patrol, and how many seatbelt violators they must cite. That is truly sad!
        “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

None..................

Comment

This is an impossible question to answer. What is good for me may not be good for you. Ultimately, you find your niche regardless of the department.

Comment

OK let's change up the question a bit.

IN YOUR OPINION which depts have you heard are the best overall to work for.

Comment

Aurora PD is got to be up there. Great pay, they let you be the police, they appreciate hard work and for the most part they back their guys. Aside from them I have heard good things about Berwyn PD and Desplaines also. Berwyn has great pay, top notch equipment. Desplaines pays well, and backs their guys also. I can also say Yorkville PD is also a good PD. They treat you well there and they appreciate hard workers. For me pay is not as important as how you are treated and whether the PD backs you. Theres not perfect dept but some are definitely better than others

Comment

Post Deleted By Author
                  Last edited by LEJAmav; 03-19-2010, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LEJAmav View Post
                    With this in mind, can we address other departments where there is a strong sense of camaraderie and backing from Dept administration?
                    absolutely, but you still need to have solid pay or the moral will be terrible

Comment

You definitely need to be able to pay your bills but Im gonna take a pd that backs their guys and lets you be the police over money any day. For me all the money in the world doesnt matter if you are miserable going to work. As long as the pay is average im good with it.

Comment

You can also add Bolingbrook to that list of good PDs. Ive never heard anything bad about them either.

Comment

Illinois State Police has two out of three, but that seems to be changing.
                          They have an excellent pay structure,
                          The morale is good (mainly because of the pay structure).
                          The administration is where they lose out. You have several thousand troopers that want to go out and do solid, old-fashioned police work. They want to help people, catch bad guys and feel good about what they do. Then come the pin-heads in Springfield that would dictate and micro-manage their every task. They are told where to patrol, and how many seatbelt violators they must cite. That is truly sad!

+1. I'd only add that up to MSGT there is almost 98% that will fully back you. After that it's sketchy. Pay is great...morale is steady...steadily sinking. However, elections are in February. Who knows, a new governor might help repair things from the top down.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboys07 View Post
                            You can also add Bolingbrook to that list of good PDs. Ive never heard anything bad about them either.
                            Really?? Check out http://www.mapunion.org. Read some of the newsletters and you will get a heads up about Bolingbrook.

Comment

How does Chicago rate on this list?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3055 users online. 150 members and 2905 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X