300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post

Hello everyone, this is my first post, but I've been reading alot of the postings on here. I was wondering if anyone has any information on some of the towns that I've tested. First is Chicago Heights, I heard they hired 7 officers from the list, anyone heard if they will be hiring for early next year? I was going to ask about Des Planes but I heard about the possible lay offs, as well for N. Aurora, and Kane county Sheriff. I was curiouse if anyone took Plano's exam? Have you heard anything new? I took Warrenville's exam and made it on the list, but I think it was unfair to have them make us take the physical, but not make it count, meaning you couldn't fail it.

Thanks

Welcome to the board!

I don't know anything about those depts. except for North Aurora. It seems like an outstanding place. They have an ofc that is on the board but I can't remember the name, maybe he'll PM you.

All those west burbs and then Chicago Heights? What made you look down there?

Comment

Chicago Heights is a good department from what I hear. Although, the morale is low because of the current administration.

Comment

Originally posted by littleguy View Post
        Chicago Heights is a good department from what I hear. Although, the morale is low because of the current administration.
        Chicago Heights just added a special unit to the town. The new high tech Window Enforcement Squad. Due to all the Window theft that is occurring.

Comment

It's been a while, but every encounter I've had with Chicago Hts. has been good. They had some very knowledgeable guys there, knew all the bad guys out there and were only too happy to take us looking for people we wanted.

The real down side to the Heights is that they have a residency and from what I've seen there are very few decent places to live there. Pretty busy town which means not a town you want to live in. Also, the guys that I've run into there were all south siders, which may mean that they look for "local talent" over people not at all familiar with the area.

Just my observations, not carved in stone..

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
            Welcome to the board!

All those west burbs and then Chicago Heights? What made you look down there?
            Thanks for the welcome. I am also on the list for LAPD and NYPD lol, I just want to be a cop that bad. I came real close to getting hired for Aurora PD (my home town), but at the time I wasn't mature enough.

I just heard Chi Hgts lifted there rule for residency, but only for officers past 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
              It's been a while, but every encounter I've had with Chicago Hts. has been good. They had some very knowledgeable guys there, knew all the bad guys out there and were only too happy to take us looking for people we wanted.

The real down side to the Heights is that they have a residency and from what I've seen there are very few decent places to live there. Pretty busy town which means not a town you want to live in. Also, the guys that I've run into there were all south siders, which may mean that they look for "local talent" over people not at all familiar with the area.

Just my observations, not carved in stone..
              Residency was just won by the union in arbitration recently. I'm not sure if it's a step-program, or completely eliminated. Worth looking into though...

Comment

The residency was lifted for officer's who have more then five years on the department. Newly hired have to live in the city for five years before they can move out.

Comment

That's correct, but who knows if they are even going to be hiring for January like they said they would.

Comment

Plano

Re: Plano.

Last I heard (which was very recent) they were approved to hire 4. Good luck.

~

Comment

Originally posted by The Axolotl View Post
                      Re: Plano.

Last I heard (which was very recent) they were approved to hire 4. Good luck.

~
                      Well I doubt I will be getting called becauses I am on the upper 30's on the list.

Comment

That is a department with a lot of turnover

Comment

Originally posted by impala_ws6 View Post
                          Well I doubt I will be getting called becauses I am on the upper 30's on the list.

Everyone still has to go through the polygraph and psych exam, they will get to you. By the way they are slotted for 5 now.

Comment

Originally posted by trafficcop87 View Post
                            Everyone still has to go through the polygraph and psych exam, they will get to you. By the way they are slotted for 5 now.
                            Awsome. Hopefully I get the chance. I have been trying for almost 3 years.

Comment

Went to the academy with a guy from Chicago Heights, he loves it.
                              Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10211 users online. 342 members and 9869 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X