300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Deleted By Author
    Last edited by LEJAmav; 03-19-2010, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
      Senate SB3024

House HB4769
      That is retarded, how dumb would it look to have front tints but no tints on the back

Comment

Originally posted by LEJAmav View Post
        Wtf, why do we keep playing this game. Just let em have the tints already.
        Spoken by someone who has never walked up on a blacked out car, loaded with mutts, in the dead of night, in an Englewood alley..

Comment

Post deleted by author.
          Last edited by LEJAmav; 02-10-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I read it and it doesn't make sense to me.
            sigpic"To punish and enslave"

Comment

This is kinda on the same subject. I recently had one of my supervisors tell
              me it's now illegal to shine your flashlight into the inside of a car during a
              traffic stop. Any of you guys heard about this?

Comment

Originally posted by blueblue View Post
                Either they are f'ing with you or they are retarded.
                For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by blueblue View Post
                  I hope you are joking!
                  "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Your supervisor was mistaken. Flashlights are OK, X-Ray glasses are out..

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                      Your supervisor was mistaken. Flashlights are OK, X-Ray glasses are out..
                      LOL... priceless

Comment

It just kept reposting sorry.
                        soopertrooper
                        Bull Dog
                        Last edited by soopertrooper; 02-13-2010, 03:59 AM.
                        Venice Explorer 03-07

BLET starts in March 2011.

FL-CJBAT: Passed
                        Physical/EKG: Complete/Passed
                        Poly: Passed
                        Fingerprint: Complete
                        Drug Test: Passed
                        PAT: Jan 15 2010~>Injured during PAT. New test date: TBD
                        Interview: Complete
                        Pushed back to 2011 due to injury

So many options, what road to take?

Are you a diesel nut? Check this new forum out:
                        www.AfterHoursDiesel.com

Comment

It just kept reposting sorry.
                          soopertrooper
                          Bull Dog
                          Last edited by soopertrooper; 02-13-2010, 04:00 AM.
                          Venice Explorer 03-07

www.AfterHoursDiesel.com

Comment

Even if this law was passed, 35 and 50% is nothing. here in fl, i have 2% (yes i know its illegal, ive gotten the ticket already, im not here to discuss that) and during the day you can still see into the truck. at night you cant, but it really helps to keep the sun out during the day.

you can still stop for tint no matter what as PC. you "had an educated estimation" that the windows were tinted darker than legally allowable. if theyre good, theyre good, if not then theyre not. if you find other stuff in the vehicle, atleast you still had PC to contact them.
                            Venice Explorer 03-07

www.AfterHoursDiesel.com

Comment

Originally posted by soopertrooper View Post
                              Even if this law was passed, 35 and 50% is nothing. here in fl, i have 2% (yes i know its illegal, ive gotten the ticket already, im not here to discuss that) and during the day you can still see into the truck. at night you cant, but it really helps to keep the sun out during the day.

you can still stop for tint no matter what as PC. you "had an educated estimation" that the windows were tinted darker than legally allowable. if theyre good, theyre good, if not then theyre not. if you find other stuff in the vehicle, atleast you still had PC to contact them.
                              Sorry but I tend not to stop people if I don't have probable cause they committed a violation. Just because someone might be over the legally allowable limit isn't PC in my book. Not to mention, in Illinois most of us have no idea what the different percentages are because previously, any tint was illegal.
                              For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                                Sorry but I tend not to stop people if I don't have probable cause they committed a violation. Just because someone might be over the legally allowable limit isn't PC in my book. Not to mention, in Illinois most of us have no idea what the different percentages are because previously, any tint was illegal.
                                Remember though you don't need PC for a traffic stop, you need reasonable suspicion.

For example, the Illinois Court of Appeals held that “[p]olice knowledge that an owner of a vehicle has a revoked driver’s license provides a reasonable suspicion to stop the owner’s vehicle for the purpose of ascertaining the status of the license of the driver. Common sense dictates that such information, even alone, is enough to provide a constitutional basis for stopping a vehicle or its occupants.”

This is absent any other violation. You run the plate, find out the owner is a suspended/revoked, you can stop the car to see if the person driving the vehicle is the registered owner driving on a suspended/revoked.

It would follow then, You see tints, aren't sure if they are too dark, but you are reasonably suspicious that they are too dark. You can stop the car to determine if they are in fact too dark.
                                SeVere
                                Forum Member
                                Last edited by SeVere; 02-13-2010, 01:04 PM. Reason: example.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3717 users online. 231 members and 3486 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X