Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are officers in the states that allow front tints being shot up left and right? Didn't think so...

Not everyone who has tinted windows is a gangbanger who wants to shoot cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
      Are officers in the states that allow front tints being shot up left and right? Didn't think so...

Not everyone who has tinted windows is a gangbanger who wants to shoot cops.
      Are you a cop?
      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

What does this mean, "Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code to provide that a person may drive a motor vehicle with a nonreflective material tinted film that does not allow less than 50% light transmittance (or less than 35% light transmittance if the windows to the rear of the driver already have certain window treatment applied) upon the side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver."

Does that mean if you have tint on the back windows you can have 35% tint on the driver's window?

Comment

Originally posted by mswolfpack View Post
          What does this mean, "Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code to provide that a person may drive a motor vehicle with a nonreflective material tinted film that does not allow less than 50% light transmittance (or less than 35% light transmittance if the windows to the rear of the driver already have certain window treatment applied) upon the side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver."

Does that mean if you have tint on the back windows you can have 35% tint on the driver's window?
          I believe it's 35% all around, but if you have darker than 35% on rear windows it has to be 50% or lighter on the front windows.

Comment

Originally posted by BJS470 View Post
            I believe it's 35% all around, but if you have darker than 35% on rear windows it has to be 50% or lighter on the front windows.
            That is correct, but I believe the front tints would have a 5% variance so you can go down to 45% (but yes with the 35% all around is correct) ... which is very bad for us police officers. Especially with the new weapon cases inside the car and the center glove box/councel counts as a box, come on now. Oh well just have to be more careful when pulling cars over!

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread:

Did this ever get set in stone as the law. Looking at the Legislative Website www.ilga.gov, one would think it is, however there is much debate in my department as to what the currently enforceable tint law is.
              What not to openly admit in the Officer.com Forums: "I AM an active member of I.P.R." - Riggs45

"Please let me know, Thank you." in honor of Chitown2210

“What's right is what's left if you've done everything else wrong.” - Robin Williams

Comment

Whitesox10 didnt this get reversed? Mass email went out saying we could start to enforce tinted windows again.

Comment

It did get reversed. Our department sent out a bulletin saying it could now be enforced again. Gotta love the flip flopping of this state.

Comment

Originally posted by pnwcopper View Post
                    It did get reversed. Our department sent out a bulletin saying it could now be enforced again. Gotta love the flip flopping of this state.
                    What?? So did we (IL) go back to our old statute where any tint on D/S or P/S is illegal again?

Comment

Originally posted by pnwcopper View Post
                      How long ago did you get the notice? I have not heard anything about this being reversed.

Comment

Tint

It did get reversed! Got an email that advised we can write the citations for tint again!

Comment

anyone have anything to back that up?
                          For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by K9Tom View Post
                            How long ago did you get the notice? I have not heard anything about this being reversed.
                            I will try to scan a copy of it. It was a few weeks ago they told us we could enforce it again and that the law had reversed. The brass keeps bringing it up at inservice.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                              anyone have anything to back that up?
                              I skimmed over the ammendments that they are proposing. Looks to still be going through the general assembly downstate. If I read it correctly, the change will be that if you have front tints, you cannot have rear tints. I don't think that it has been passed yet. I could be wrong. Check the general assembly website.

Comment

Senate SB3024

House HB4769
                                LockednLoaded
                                Forum Member
                                Last edited by LockednLoaded; 02-10-2010, 02:17 AM.
                                "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2020 users online. 151 members and 1869 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X