300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another - "I'm coming to Chicago" thread

Only difference is, I already have most of the trip planned out.

We're coming in December by way of the Texas Eagle to Chicago Union Station. Be traveling around town on the L, except to MSI, we're taking the #10 bus, or maybe the Metra Electric.

We'll be checking out the Museum Campus, Museum of S&I, John Hancock, and Christkindlmarket. For eats, we're taking our daughter to the American Girl in Water Tower Place for a tea, as well as Gino's East on Superior, Al's Italian Beef, and the Parthenon on Halsted.

I guess what I really need to know is, how do they get the ice skates on the horses so they can assist the CPD Land and Marine units? Do they do it at the stables? Please Let Me Know, Thank You.

sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

coming from a greek the parthenon isnt all that great of food theres a place literally right next door that is better i just cant think of it at the moment. Also too be sure if your in the mood for a late night snack to hit up the hot dog stands and diners some of the best food youll ever have.
    Please let me know, Thank you.
    US Army 13M

Comment

Looks like you have a fantastic trip planned out.

Try to make the show when they drop CPD horses wearing ice skates onto Skate on State with Land Unit helicopters

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
        coming from a greek the parthenon isnt all that great of food theres a place literally right next door that is better i just cant think of it at the moment. Also too be sure if your in the mood for a late night snack to hit up the hot dog stands and diners some of the best food youll ever have.
        What's the place? I got that from ChooseChicago. This is my third trip to Chicago, but will be the first trip that involves gettin outside the Loop/River North/Lincoln Park/Wrigleyville Area.
        Last edited by TexasAggieOfc; 10-20-2009, 03:31 AM.
        sigpic
        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Is Diana's still in Greektown....?
          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
            We'll be checking out the Museum Campus, Museum of S&I, John Hancock, and Christkindlmarket. For eats, we're taking our daughter to the American Girl in Water Tower Place for a tea, as well as Gino's East on Superior, Al's Italian Beef, and the Parthenon on Halsted.

Why go to those places when you can see the real Chicago. Instead of Gino's East go to Harold's Chicken #14, Tea at the water tower place no you need to get a malt beverage at the Cotton Club.

Hope this helps and don't forget your firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jail Guard7160 View Post
              Why go to those places when you can see the real Chicago. Instead of Gino's East go to Harold's Chicken #14, Tea at the water tower place no you need to get a malt beverage at the Cotton Club.

LMAO... And I guess a vest is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
                Al's Italian Beef
                Go to the original on Taylor st. and I am very jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomByU View Post
                  Go to the original on Taylor st. and I am very jealous.
                  Oh absolutely!

Originally posted by Jail Guard7160

I was thinking going over to Fenger High one night. I hear they have a great grudge match over there. I can only assume that's a football game, right?
                  sigpic

Comment

I guess what I really need to know is, how do they get the ice skates on the horses so they can assist the CPD Land and Marine units? Do they do it at the stables? Please Let Me Know, Thank You.
                    Ice skates have been banned for all those except with a "City Ice Skating on Public Way" sticker, which you can purchase at most currency exchanges for $80 (plus $4 service charge).

Fenger HS? Texas Aggie, don't even let me hear of you and the family venturing out "to the 100's." (or anywhere there's a Harold's Chicken). But if you do, PM me for some spare .45 mags and rent an armored car for the day.

MSI, take Metra , get off at 59th St (and Harper Av.), about 3 blocks away, should make it there without gunplay (or pull that Emerg. phone for U of C PD and ask for "directions" from a U squad) probably will drive you there if you ID .

Comment

Santorini in greek town is pretty good...I would also try to make it over to Margies Candies (great ice cream place!!) Hope you have a great trip...be safe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                        Ice skates have been banned for all those except with a "City Ice Skating on Public Way" sticker, which you can purchase at most currency exchanges for $80 (plus $4 service charge).

Fenger HS? Texas Aggie, don't even let me hear of you and the family venturing out "to the 100's." (or anywhere there's a Harold's Chicken). But if you do, PM me for some spare .45 mags and rent an armored car for the day.

MSI, take Metra , get off at 59th St (and Harper Av.), about 3 blocks away, should make it there without gunplay (or pull that Emerg. phone for U of C PD and ask for "directions" from a U squad) probably will drive you there if you ID .
                        LMAO!

archer... I think you gave me Margie's last time I went (back in March with just the wife). We hit it up on our way back out to O'Hare... Excellent place and on our list of things for this trip. Thanks for the tip!
                        sigpic

Comment

214 West Jackson just west of SEARS (and always will be) Tower which is on the other side of the river of Union Station is a place called Silk Road. Order SPICY CHICKEN. You will NOT be disappointed AT ALL. HOT and SWEET sauce is killer! Get a chance swing by 26th and California to see the largest jail in the US. Of course if you go to the Museums u Have to get a bag of Garretts popcorn. For authentic Chicago style get the caramel and cheese corn mix.
                          Last edited by cclawdog; 10-20-2009, 02:44 PM.
                          One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Originally posted by Jail Guard7160 View Post

I like Uncle Remus Madison/Central, but I'm not allowed there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                              I like Uncle Remus Madison/Central, but I'm not allowed there anymore.
                              OH... THAT WAS YOU??? (LOL...j/p)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3308 users online. 152 members and 3156 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X