300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State Police

Anyone have information on up comimg state police class?

None in the budget.
    As with everything - subject to change at a moments notice.
    http://www.illinoistrooper.com/
    Last edited by ISPCAPT; 10-19-2009, 02:09 PM.
    183 FBINA

Comment

ok thanks ISPCAPT

Comment

Yeah, I was schedule to test way back in July, but you know how that goes in these times....

Comment

I've got a question for anybody who has tried this or has a little more knowledge on the subject than me.

Is the eligibility list of potential ISP candidates, that is, those that passed the initial entry tests/PT, which is maintained by the Merit Board eligible for release under the FOIA? Also, are the names of those persons selected to proceed to the background investigation eligible for release?

I was reading through FOIA documents on-line and from what I could discern it appeared it is a document that would be eligible for release. Just curious if anyone has tried this or has sent a letter requesting similar lists.

If you know the answer or have tried this in the past please fill me in!!

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddy928 View Post
            I've got a question for anybody who has tried this or has a little more knowledge on the subject than me.

Is the eligibility list of potential ISP candidates, that is, those that passed the initial entry tests/PT, which is maintained by the Merit Board eligible for release under the FOIA? Also, are the names of those persons selected to proceed to the background investigation eligible for release?

I was reading through FOIA documents on-line and from what I could discern it appeared it is a document that would be eligible for release. Just curious if anyone has tried this or has sent a letter requesting similar lists.

If you know the answer or have tried this in the past please fill me in!!

Thank you.
            From my understandings you can not do this. I mean you can always try to see but I don't believe you can. And yes the State budget is not the greatest and there is talk that they won't have another class until 2011 or so. But you know that can all change in the blink of an eye especially with all the retiring troops within the next upcoming years. Also with all the command changes, it could happen sooner than expected.

Comment

What Police13 said. Correct.
              The info has been released in the past due to suits brought by some classes who claimed discrimination of one kind or another.
              Not sure what you can do with it if someone got hired and you didn't. Backgrounds and things like work experiences, or lack of, can knock a person out of the running regardless of what they scored. So there's no way of knowing just because you passed the PT test why your name didn't go forward and others did without looking at the others' backgrounds.
              The other part of the equation is a lot of very good, very qualified people don't get hired every year simply because there aren't enough slots authorized by the legislature or govenor's office. It's not a negative reflection on those not hired. There might be 200 people who are very well qualified and would make excellent Troops but if the legislature says only 50 can be hired then the remaining 150 who didn't get hired are just out of luck. That's just the way life is.
              183 FBINA

Comment

the ISP website says they are having a January '10 class, hopefully they go through with it...

Comment

Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
                  the ISP website says they are having a January '10 class, hopefully they go through with it...
                  No, it states that the merit board will hold a test in January. It also states that no announcement has been made regarding and academy start date.

Comment

you're right, I did not mean January '10 class, I meant test. appologies

Comment

Just an fyi... I'm new here and just hired for a northshore dept. early December. I'm leaving for ISP springfield for the 3 month academy starting the 10th.
                      Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

Anyone got any confirmation letters for the test on the 26th in Chicago? I dont believe they stated a time that the test begins....could be wrong though....

Comment

Just FYI: As of now the test in Chicago on January 23rd is a go. Things could change...

RyBaK477

Comment

**23rd** sorry

Comment

Hey RyBak, how are things going?!?! I love being on the road and done with Springfield haha. It was fun down there for 25 weeks, but soo glad to be out and done with. I am hoping this test turns into a class, there sure is a need for new Troops out there!!! Anyone have any questions, I could maybe answer so send me a message!
                              RyBak said it correct, things can change very quick with ISP, but hopefully this test and the one in Feb will go!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2073 users online. 139 members and 1934 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X