X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIU police chief

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...of-threat.html

Whats your guys opinion on this?

Seemed like only a matter of time. I would have to say this guy was king on campus and he knew it. I tested for NIU three times and it was by far the MOST political scheme i had ever seen. He just handed out jobs like it was nothing to people who didnt even want to be a police officer. For instance they called 3 of us back for 1 slot last year. I thought it was my break but turns out the chief handed the job over to the one girl who got shot in the neck in the shooting. From what i hear she didnt even want the job. I interviewed with him twice and weirdest interview ever cuz he was so full of himself it was ridiculous.
    Please let me know, Thank you.
    US Army 13M

Stop Crying Who Cares

Comment

When are they accepting apps for police chief? =)

Comment

There are numerous articles in the local paper about what has been going on at NIU PD. http://www.daily-chronicle.com/ Look through the archives for the last week or two.

Comment

He looks like a clown with all those ribbons he gave himself..

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
            He looks like a clown with all those ribbons he gave himself..
            He looks like a 3rd world military dictator. Although I do work with a few who still wear military ribbons even though they are civilians.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

He must have gotten all those ribbons for single-handedly fighting and winning every 20th century conflict since World War 1, all by himself.... Chuck Norris couldnt even do that...

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
                Stop Crying Who Cares

not crying just ranting because of how much of an idiot this guy was. MJW you are a very hateful person but yet funny. You seem bitter at the world. Did you priest touch you when you were a little kid. Please let me know, Thank you.
                US Army 13M

Comment

that department is ran very para-military and i think its because that chief is still in the reserves
                  US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
                    Did you priest touch you when you were a little kid. Please let me know, Thank you.
                    Ouch!!!!!!!!
                    “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
                      not crying just ranting because of how much of an idiot this guy was. MJW you are a very hateful person but yet funny. You seem bitter at the world. Did you priest touch you when you were a little kid. Please let me know, Thank you.
                      its called sarcasim di$k, lighten up. Im tired of all the whining on these boards, i didnt, get hired cause i hade no political pull, i didnt get hired cause the Chief didnt like me, this dept sucks blah blah blah, and yet its always the same guy's complianing. Go figure, go look for the flying horses at the Taste.

Comment

I love the flying horses did you see them last year too im still wondering how they got there
                        US Army 13M

Comment

I know he recently hired his buddy as an officer who was fired as the chief at Colorado State University. He was fired from his chief's job for sexual harrasment amongst other serious allegations. It looks like this guy has no clue, and the ribbons are ridiculous. I would be embarassed to be associated with someone like that.

Comment

I know a couple officers from NIU PD. I've been told that some of the ribbons they wear are for pistol qual, juvenile officer, bike officer, evidence tech, and the like. While some might be worthwhile, I can't really see a ribbon for every week long course I took through NEMRT.

Comment

A lot of awards being worn lately are made to make some "feel good" and not for any out of the ordinary incidents or actions by the officers. CPD now has 5 award ribbons that you can wear that did not involve using a pair of handcuffs. These were created to make some people that worked inside their whole careers, or never really did anything during their careers feel "special." Some people actually look silly walking around with a chest full of the awards that everyone in the Dept. got just for showing up for work. There's also no checks and balances here for what people wear (as far as award ribbons). I've seen people wearing one ribbon that they could not have possibly been awarded because they weren't OTJ when that particular thing occurred.

I completely understand being proud of your accomplishments while in the military, but I don't think you should load up a police uniform with ribbons that have no connection with your work on the PD. CPD came out with a "Military Deployment" ribbon that you can wear which encompasses all your military awards.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5492 users online. 316 members and 5176 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X