300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darien and Yorkville PD's

I see that both departments have tests coming up in November. I am just wondering if anyone has any info about either department. Call volume, duty weapon issued or your choice, squads (veh lighting led or strobes) and anything else you care to share would be wonderful!!

Also does anyone know if the tests or for a list only or if they are for actual openings? I do plan on calling both on Monday however I figured I would ask here anyway and see if anyone had the info.

Thanks in advance!!

Stay Safe!

I don't know much about either department. Do the type of emergency lights on the cars actually matter to you?

Comment

Well are the lights going to make or break anything NO WAY......however I do strongly believe that LED lights add a ton to officer saftey while on traffic or at accidents or any other time you are on the side of the road. I currently work at a dept that has rotators and have had 3 daytime incidents this year because people said they never saw the squad parked on the side of the road thank god no one was hurt in any of them. Now maybe they were just not paying attention or maybe its because in sunlight the lights are almost not visable or a combination of the two.

So idk the short answer is no it really doesnt matter that much I'm just interested to know.

I hope the whole lights thing doesnt throw this thread off the origional point of info on the departments!!

Comment

y0

Yorkville has LEDs.

I went to the academy with a guy from Darien. As I recall he tops out in the 80's. Yorkville does not top out in the 80's.

~

Comment

Originally posted by DISP911 View Post
          squads (veh lighting led or strobes) and anything else you care to share would be wonderful!!
          Not sure if you can pass this test

Comment

Jail Guard, you have made my day... hahaha

Comment

On another note.. I met the K9 officer from Yorkville when I was an intern with another PD. He said it is a good dept., and because he was the k9 officer he drove a new dodge charger with LED lights.. I hope this helps.

Comment

thanks Z71 and Jail Guard thanks for the test I passed with flying colors however maybe that test would be better if given to the people who keep running into our squads ......... Just sayin Have a good one

Comment

i spend some time in darien its a pretty quiet town but the surrounding towns are pretty busy with woodridge, crappy burr ridge side and willowbrook. Ive tried listening to them on my scanner and it seems kinda of dead
                  Please let me know, Thank you.
                  US Army 13M

Comment

Years ago I went to an orientation for Darien and the guy running it (a Dep. Chief, I believe) marched out a female officer, who was their P/O of the month or something, and she proceeded to tell everyone how many parkers she wrote. The D/C then told everyone that if you want "action" go to Chicago. I go through that area on a semi regular basis and have never seen any "bad" areas, sans those Sec. 8 apartments in Woodridge. And although I don't have personal knowledge of Yorkville, I have heard from some of our guys and a Sheriff's Police that I know that they have some sec. 8 buildings that have attracted some of our hispanic gang bangers from Chicago.

Comment

THANK YOU CHITOWN!! I am shocked to hear how busy these depts are I thought Darien would be much busier than Yorkville. Good info so far like to see some more of it if anyone else has anything that would be great THANKS

Comment

I know nothing about Yorkville, but know a little about Darien. They have real good equipment (LED's, newer cars, etc), a nice station, and appear to have good backing from the village. Thier call volume is pretty low with not much serious crime taking place. I'm not sure about morale. etc. overall. I always said I would not want to live in a place I work, and wouldn't work in a place I live, i.e. I myself like to live in a quiet place but work in a busy place. I would have no problem at all living in Darien, very quiet place with good family atmosphere, etc., but the flip side of the coin is that can make it a boring place to work. Just food for thought.
                        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Good Department with good officers. Some action, but based on size of town right now you won't see much!

Comment

Darien

Darien is a nice place to work (and a "Nice place to live" accroding to the city motto). Not too hectic, but plenty to do if you look for it. With shopping on 75th, there's your normal shoplifting calls. Plenty of traffic enforcement with Lemont Rd, Cass, and 75th. Riff-raff from unincorporated Burr Ridge, Willowbrook, and Woodridge keeps you on your toes.

Relatively young force, great officers, normal department politics. Very supportive village with good pay stucture. A few specialties (Detective, Dare, K9), but basically patrol for an upper-middle class town.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2989 users online. 156 members and 2833 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X