300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois DOC hiring???????

I am a bit confused. I tested and was placed on the hiring list for Illinois DOC just under a year ago. Like many other states they are dealing with serious budget issues....well wouldn't you know I get a call today with a conditional offer of employment based on passing my physical and drug screen. The academy is scheduled for November 2nd. Isn't this department facing the posibility of layoffs?? I am really in a situation where I don't know what to do. I have a year of county experience and really want to get back in corrections, however I don't want to be laid off in 6 months.....any insight from Illinois DOC peeps would be so greatly appreciated!

Ok here is the deal man! I had a girl go from my county and it just depends on were they are placing you. I know there are a few facilities that are laying off but i was told it was in the upper ranks. They dont want to pay there salaries anymore but i could be wrong. If i was you i would probably do it because i am sure the money is better along with the benefits. Well let me know bud.

Comment

Yea I worked county corrections and left about a year ago...I really want to get back into this line of work and am going to accept the position. I will be working at Pontiac. I have a future relative who works DOC. He told me the department is hurting for officers and it is believed the layoff threat was a political ploy.....so I guess I will take my chances

Comment

take the offer and get another academy under your belt, and pontiac is off the chopping block, for now. i enjoy my job alot, so dont pass it up.
        “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

sweet pay and alot of overtime, dont forget to look into SORT .

Comment

Future Shield,

Thanks for the advice. I have decided to do it. I took my drug test/ physical yesterday and leave for the academy on Monday. I definately will love the overtime again. I was known as an overtime whore at my last facility!!!

Comment

dont forget your sandals and take plenty of coins for pay phone and vending machines.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4832 users online. 293 members and 4539 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X