300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cclawdog View Post
    They are down 7 from current levels of patrol officers not that they only have that many for patrol. I know of 12 police officers from Aurora and Naperville that could fill the slots needed.

I just read some stuff about Kane County. Their "NEW" jail building houses 640 inmates. REALLY? dayum...we got 1500 in my building alone!
    Since the layoffs in Aurora, we are now down 23. With more retirements coming soon we will be short 30 in know time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
      its not about taking someones job. Its the fact that Cities and Co's are already expecting us to do it for free and Union bust. Call it encouragement, great, but be carefull what you wish for.
      True, I guess since I have no experience in LE I only see the "glory" of it, but not the politics of it, I guess one has to experience it to truly know what you guys are having to deal with.
      Originally posted by pnwcopper View Post
      Since the layoffs in Aurora, we are now down 23. With more retirements coming soon we will be short 30 in know time at all.
      Are you serious? We are heading back to the early 90s when gangs owned Aurora. And that shooting of that gang banger by and offier won't help with the relations between APD and some of the youth.

Comment

Originally posted by pnwcopper View Post
        yea we are down 14 from were we where 3yrs ago and we are down 30+ from where the last manpower study said we should be. We have more leaving in the next few months and no plans to hire now from what I just heard.

Comment

GEEEEEEzzuzzzz!! cryin shame. Sounds like Cook County is the only one actively hiring!
          One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

All these layoffs are upsetting, whats worse is that non-LEO people have no clue on the amount of time it takes to replace officers.

Comment

thats why you have to vote this idiots out, thats the only way, god i hate politics

Comment

GEEEEEEzzuzzzz!! cryin shame. Sounds like Cook County is the only one actively hiring!
                because CCSD is under a mandate for jail staff and I believe with the population of Cook CO you are all required to have Sheriff's Police. .
                Last edited by mjw5678; 05-31-2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

They are down 7 from current levels of patrol officers not that they only have that many for patrol. I know of 12 police officers from Aurora and Naperville that could fill the slots needed.

I just read some stuff about Kane County. Their "NEW" jail building houses 640 inmates. REALLY? dayum...we got 1500 in my building alone!
                  Yes the Jail holds 640 or close to but our daily inmate population is over 700 with close to 100 farmed out to other CO's. You have to remember the total CO population out here is just over 500k.
                  Last edited by mjw5678; 05-31-2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

because CCSD is under a mandate for jail staff and I believe with the population of Cook CO you are all required to have Sheriff's Police. Out here we are the red headed step child.
                    Sheriff's Police is somebody's political idea to separate the juice from the rind. Just like Court Services is separated from the Jail too. Other counties have "road" deputies and "jail" deputies with equal status or the deputies are on the road and use corrections officers (non deputized) to work the jail. I'm not going to get much more into it cuz its been done 20x over on the CCSD/DOC/CS thread. But basically, my job title is C/O but I am a Deputy, Court Services are called Deputies but are equal to us in that that they took the same dam state test I did and thousands of other C/Os took in IL. We both can carry concealed off duty 24/7. Sheriff's Police are deputies too but they are certified police officers also.

Comment

Sheriff's Police is somebody's political idea to separate the juice from the rind. Just like Court Services is separated from the Jail too. Other counties have "road" deputies and "jail" deputies with equal status or the deputies are on the road and use corrections officers (non deputized) to work the jail. I'm not going to get much more into it cuz its been done 20x over on the CCSD/DOC/CS thread. But basically, my job title is C/O but I am a Deputy, Court Services are called Deputies but are equal to us in that that they took the same dam state test I did and thousands of other C/Os took in IL. We both can carry concealed off duty 24/7. Sheriff's Police are deputies too but they are certified police officers also.
                      I am familiar with all of that. I am a Deputy assigned to Patrol and we have CO's who are given a title of Deputy so they can carry to and from work, however they are CO's with no arrest or 24/7 carry. Same with our Court Security, most are retired PO's who are given the title of Deputy, but do not work the road or jail. I also went to the CCSD Police Academy, grew up in Cook and was a PO in Cook for a few years. One thing you have to remember is the "certification" while in Cook, Dupage, and Dekalb you may be a Deputy in both the jail and the road, you are certified as a CO until you attend the police academy. So in my opinion its not about status, its what job you are allowed to do by law. Just as I can not go work in the jail with out attending a correctional academy. Neither makes one better then the other.
                      Last edited by mjw5678; 01-23-2011, 06:09 AM.

Comment

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...=Counties+Code.

Comment

Don't you dare say that Sheriff's Police Officers are Deputies! They get very offended if you do.

Comment

LOL The fact of the matter is that they are. If they don't want to be called Deputies then that's there prerogative. They get to call themselves "police" too cuz they are. Oh well can't please everyone all the time.

Comment

We swore in two today with prior LE exp. However two retired this week so we made no gains in manpower.
                              Last edited by mjw5678; 02-04-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

We swore in two today with prior LE exp. However two retired this week so we made no gains in manpower.
                                Be nice if they decided to add two more and they just happen to call up my name from the list, but one can only dream.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4474 users online. 241 members and 4233 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X