300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWIL Consortium

I recently registered for the SWIL Consortium test and I noticed that only 255 people applied including myself. Is anyone from here taking this test? Just out of curiosity has anyone tested for the SWIL Consortium in the past? If so, how hard was their written test?

Who would want to work in Southern IL? :-P

Comment

Its god's country down here. Ya'll up above 80 need to come down once in awhile.

Comment

i think chambana is the furthest south id go lol
        Please let me know, Thank you.
        US Army 13M

Comment

Hey I figure why not go for it?? Sure it is far away form my house but then again I haven't gone to a test up here that has proved to be anything more than just another mandated update to the department eligibility list. Although I am not sure if anyone down south is even hiring, I figure it is worth the drive to WIU. I am looking at it this way, regardless of where I am located I know that I want to be a cop so why not take a test that has the potential to put my name on 5 different eligibility lists??

Lastly, I plan on conducting a little investigative work while I am at WIU. I have been looking all over for these flying horses but can't seem to find them around the CPD stalls but someone told me that they saw the horses flying down south to avoid the cold weather. If I spot them I will keep everyone posted. If you have any insight "Please let me know, Thank you."

Comment

I applied last year and scored above an 80 on the test to qualify for all the departments. However, they're usually hiring very little, if any officers, and they're mostly people that have already have been through the academy in Illinois and have police experince. Much cheaper for them that way.

Comment

Originally posted by erikmb71 View Post
              I applied last year and scored above an 80 on the test to qualify for all the departments. However, they're usually hiring very little, if any officers, and they're mostly people that have already have been through the academy in Illinois and have police experince. Much cheaper for them that way.
              Can you tell something about an interview process?

Comment

Never made it to the interview actually. You only do a physical and test and you are on a list for a year; if any department has any openings and they like your written score, then they contact you personally for the rest of the process. The down fall of the whole consortium is that they never go ahead and do interviews to actually get a "real" idea of the person is applying, but I guess that's how they do it. When I tested, I was talking to guys who have already taken this concortium test 4-5 times!!! Don't get me wrong, those departments actually stay somewhat busy and the pay is great, but I suggest picking out one of those departments and do ride-alongs and suck-up to get your name out there so you might be selected to at least continue in the hiring process-haha.

Comment

Originally posted by corona11 View Post
                  Who would want to work in Southern IL? :-P
                  Thats great!! If i did have to stay here, thats where Id go. I singed up but Im not goin to make it I dont think.

Comment

Originally posted by futureblue63 View Post
                    Its god's country down here. Ya'll up above 80 need to come down once in awhile.
                    Dont be fooled, it is HELL down here. On the sixth day GOD releived himself and out came Southern IL, : )

Comment

Originally posted by Z71Mike View Post
                      Lastly, I plan on conducting a little investigative work while I am at WIU. I have been looking all over for these flying horses but can't seem to find them around the CPD stalls but someone told me that they saw the horses flying down south to avoid the cold weather. If I spot them I will keep everyone posted. If you have any insight "Please let me know, Thank you."

Don't start!!!

Comment

O I live down here.. Fairview Heights is a great department with a AWESOME chief. Collinsville would be a good one to. O'Fallon is on the upper spectrum of the social list. Highland is a small community and had some chief problems. And Edwardville would be a great dept. to work for. Belleville, Illinois down this way just got done accepting application and the chief said in the Orienation that there gonna be hiring 10 new officers. And they like to put them threw the academy.

Comment

That is pretty sweet about Belleville, IL so good luck on the test. I am not sure if it is true but it seems like overall one has a better chance of getting on a department down south as opposed to up here.

Comment

If I hear of any bigger departments down here hiring, Ill send ya something. Bloomington,IL is looking for entry level officers also.Its a bigger department It seems like a good department, talk to a couple guys when I been up that way and they seem to like it. There is the link for more info and application.http://www.cityblm.org/employment.asp

Comment

What kind of written exam SWIL had last year?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4553 users online. 289 members and 4264 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X