Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChiCity
    replied
    I know it's definitely not southwest, but Evanston is pretty liberal about ride-alongs, and I went on an exciting one there.

Leave a comment:

• ChgoPaintball
    replied
    Originally posted by Nader629 View Post
    wow! that sounds like a thrill, i didnt call Orland Park, or Orland Hills. Those cities are 10-15 min. away, i'll have to give them a call and see what i can find out.
    Last I remember when working with OP, it was only interns. But things might of changed exactly 1 year after resigning.

Leave a comment:

• Nader629
    replied
    wow! that sounds like a thrill, i didnt call Orland Park, or Orland Hills. Those cities are 10-15 min. away, i'll have to give them a call and see what i can find out.

Leave a comment:

• Edge06128
    replied
    NIU, Gurnee, Orland Park are a few that come to mind even though they are on all opposite sides of the map i know that they do them. If your down in central IL i did a 12 hour ride along with urbana which was one hell of an expierence. I got to sit in on everything from the briefing, help write the tickets, interact with citizens, go on the calls and not just sit in the cars. Man all this is making me miss testing!

Leave a comment:

• Nader629
    replied
    thanks for the info, called a few departments and they no longer do them, was told i might be able to do it in chicago i just have to call a certain unit tomorrow and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• jsimmons2932
    replied
    Kendall county allows ride-alongs!

Leave a comment:

• Item9
    replied
    A lot of departments only offer it to residents, interns, or local students. Like the others said, just call and ask.

Leave a comment:

• ChgoPaintball
    replied
    most PDs will only allow interns do the ride along. A lot of liability issues come into play if something were to happen.

But just call the PD you want to ride along. Never know, they might say yes.

Leave a comment:

• Edge06128
    replied
    Just call the department you want to ride with and ask

Leave a comment:

• Nader629
    started a topic Ride-A-Long

Ride-A-Long

hey guys and gals, i just had a quick question does anyone know of any PD's that have a ride a long program in the south west side of chicago? thanks

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3487 users online. 196 members and 3291 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X