X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEJAmav
    replied
    Post Deleted By Author
    Last edited by LEJAmav; 03-19-2010, 01:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eclipsecraze
    replied
    Thanks for your help guys

Leave a comment:

• MEATBALL40
    replied
    Does anyone know if local departments accept a degree from westwood college?

So, you answered your own question.....Thanks for play'n....10-8

Leave a comment:

• eclipsecraze
    replied
    I just checked with alot of surrounding departments and even state police and they said they accept westwood as long as it is an accredited college and they are.

Leave a comment:

• RJSPPO
    replied
    Post deleted. Slow computer...
    Last edited by RJSPPO; 10-05-2009, 02:50 AM. Reason: Double Post

Leave a comment:

• RJSPPO
    replied
    Why dont you just go the SAFE & more economically sound route & attend an accredited college? I checked out Westwood a few years ago before I had "the job" & it was well over 30k then, cant even begin to imagine the cost now. Plus, another negative on the side of Westwood, you have to attend school 5 days / forty hours every week for THREE years, when will you be able to work a job or test for LE positions?

Even if you put off going to school for now, there still arent THAT many agencies which require more than a HS diploma or GED to walk in the door. You can always go to school AFTER you get hired. Besides, a lot of coppers will tell you to go to school for something other than CJ just in case you either dont like the job or get hurt/injured. Anyway, best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• eclipsecraze
    replied
    Now i dont know what to do. Does anyone know if N.I.U. in hoffman offers a bachelors in criminal justice? it shows they have a certificate in homeland security. I dont know if I should follow through with westwood now if you say most departments wont accept it but these departments I called said as long as its a degree and accredited but I dont want to get screwed if all of a sudden noone accepts its you know.

Leave a comment:

• eclipsecraze
    replied
    ChiCity What department are you at...Chicago? Will it work on the federal level does anyone know? I know chicago wont accept it but I dont want to work in chicago. Now they say hey are nationally accredited so that means it'll work on the federal level right?

Leave a comment:

• eclipsecraze
    replied
    I called some departments by my house here and they said that they accept it as long as its a bachelors degree and accredited. I called Schaumburg, Palatine, Hoffman, Addison, elk grove, and arlington heights. Thanks for the concern though.

Leave a comment:

• Oldskoolfan
    replied
    What about ITT Tech? I have a friend there, and I keep telling him to go to a state school. Its cheaper and I am pretty sure they are accredited.

Leave a comment:

• scotsmen
    replied
    westwood, isnt that the one who has a campus at the airport.

Leave a comment:

• ChiCity
    replied
    eclipsecraze, today at work I was doing some research into Westwood's accreditation because we had an applicant who had a "degree" from Westwood. Well, for one thing, there was a typo on her degree, ("Bachelor's of Appliled Sciences") but that is forgivable. The point is, I was researching their accreditation. They are not accredited by the Higher Learning Commission anywhere in Illinois. The only accreditation any of the Westwood campuses in Illinois currently have is from the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). That council generally accredits schools offering trade and vocational programs. Personally I think it's a bit of a stretch to consider Criminal Justice a trade, but apart from that, most colleges and universities do not recognize Westwood College as a real school and will not transfer their credits. Most importantly many police departments won't recognize a degree from Westwood College. My neighbor's daughter tested for Chicago in 2006, has been waiting all this time, has passed everything, and they just called her to let her know that she's out of the process because she doesn't have her minimum college credits, because she took her classes at Westwood, and Westwood doesn't count.

Finally, I checked the tuition rates-- A bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice is going to run you $59,710. Personally, if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I don't want to have my degree come with an asterisk. I'm sure you can find a real school to get you bachelor's from at a fraction of the price.

Even the date on their "diplomas" is a lie (it says "since 1953" even though Westwood College was founded in 1986).

"Westwood College" is a business, not a school. Businesses fail. I just don't want to see you waste your money on a "school" that may not even exist in 5 years.

Higher Learning Commission Accreditation for Schools in Illinois

Leave a comment:

• eclipsecraze
    replied
    I do have my associates already so Im just going for my bachelors

Leave a comment:

• eclipsecraze
    replied
    Accreditation*

Leave a comment:

• eclipsecraze
    replied
    Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (!)7/1/1991

North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission 10/12/2007

Thats their accredidations

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5173 users online. 304 members and 4869 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X