X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cityblusuit
    replied
    [QUOTE=
    Section 8 is the death song of the south side (and many south burbs for that matter). All it takes is one bad Sec. 8 building on a block to destroy that block.[/QUOTE]

U know when Junior tore down the corridor it was gonna spread like a pandemic. For the rest of the city it will be like a domino effect.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
    I see that good ol' District 003 (Grand Crossing) tops the list with 13 dead. Lived there all my life. What a friggin' hellhole.
    And that's with all the "re-gentrification" going on there. The U of C basically owns everything to 67th (and patrol to 64th) and are waiting to buy whatever they don't own there, there's a lot of new and rehabbed housing and apt's on Kenwood/Kimbark (near Mt. Carmel). The areas that were really bad when I worked there (62-University, 63rd & Anywhere, 63-Woodlawn, Wedgewood -64 & Minerva, 71st & anywhere) are unrecognizable from 10 years ago.

There was a lot of rehabbing in So Shore (Cregier- Ridgeland, 67th-69th area) in the 90's, but people were tired of buying condos in these rehabbed 2-4 flats and having the GD's on their doorsteps slinging bags and shooting all night. That area had the potential, but the enforcement action never happened there. Seems like a lot of rehabbing is going on in the area of 70-Paxton-Oglesby. Hope people get the enforcement action there to make it a decent area again.

The 75th St. area (Woodlawn-Stony) is still crap and a lot of the old stuff still goes on there.

Section 8 is the death song of the south side (and many south burbs for that matter). All it takes is one bad Sec. 8 building on a block to destroy that block.

Leave a comment:

• ccsd0601
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
    And the shortages trickle upwards. No new PPO's, No Det.'s, Sgt.'s, etc..

I feel like I went out on half those shootings this summer (002, 007, 008, 009, 021).
    I see that good ol' District 003 (Grand Crossing) tops the list with 13 dead. Lived there all my life. What a friggin' hellhole.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    And the shortages trickle upwards. No new PPO's, No Det.'s, Sgt.'s, etc..

I feel like I went out on half those shootings this summer (002, 007, 008, 009, 021).

Leave a comment:

• ftlaudcop
    started a topic a need for police for sure

a need for police for sure

Breakdown of summer shootings by police district:
    • District 1 – Central (Loop, West Loop, Near South Side): 1 dead, 4 injured
    • District 2 – Wentworth (Washington Park, Bronzeville, Fuller Park): 2 dead, 10 injured
    • District 3 – Grand Crossing (South Shore, Woodlawn, Park Manor, Grand Crossing) 13 dead, 24 injured
    • District 4 – South Chicago (Far Southeast Side to Indiana state line): 9 dead, 18 injured
    • District 5 – Calumet (Roseland, Fernwood, West Pullman): 9 dead, 23 injured
    • District 6 – Gresham (Auburn-Gresham, Chatham): 5 dead, 19 injured
    • District 7 – Englewood (Englewood, West Englewood: 11 dead, 46 injured
    • District 8 – Chicago Lawn (most of the Southwest Side): 12 dead, 15 injured
    • District 9 – Deering (Back of the Yards, Bridgeport, Canaryville, Brighton Park): 4 dead, 15 injured
    • District 10 – Ogden (Little Village, much of North Lawndale): 9 dead, 8 injured
    • District 11 – Harrison (Garfield Park, parts of North Lawndale): 11 dead, 25 injured
    • District 12 – Monroe (Near West Side): 1 dead, 2 injured
    • District 13 – Wood (West Town, Ukrainian Village, parts of Humboldt Park): 3 dead, 1 injured
    • District 14 – Shakespeare (Wicker Park, Bucktown, Logan Square, parts of Humboldt Park): 6 dead, 1 injured
    • District 15 – Austin (North and South Austin): 6 dead, 8 injured
    • District 16 – Jefferson Park (Far Northwest Side from Portage Park to O'Hare International Airport): 0 dead, 0 injured
    • District 17 – Albany Park (Albany Park, Irving Park, Avondale): 2 dead, 0 injured
    • District 18 – Near North (Lincoln Park, Gold Coast Magnificent Mile, Near North Side): 1 dead, 5 injured
    • District 19 – Belmont (Lakeview, Roscoe Village, Lincoln Square, North Center): 1 dead, 1 injured
    • District 20 – Lincoln (Edgewater, Andersonville, Rosehill Cemetery, Budlong Woods): 0 dead, 1 injured
    • District 21 – Prairie (Hyde Park, Kenwood Oakland-Douglas, Lake Meadows, Chinatown): 2 dead, 2 injured
    • District 22 – Morgan Park (Beverly, Morgan Park, Mt. Greenwood): 5 dead, 4 injured
    • District 23 – Town Hall (East Lakeview, Uptown): 1 dead, 4 injured
    • District 24 – Rogers Park (East and West Rogers Park): 2 dead, 2 injured
    • District 25 – Grand Central (Belmont-Cragin, Kelvyn Park, Hermosa, Galewood): 8 dead, 10 injured

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2719 users online. 173 members and 2546 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X