Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a need for police for sure

Breakdown of summer shootings by police district:
    • District 1 – Central (Loop, West Loop, Near South Side): 1 dead, 4 injured
    • District 2 – Wentworth (Washington Park, Bronzeville, Fuller Park): 2 dead, 10 injured
    • District 3 – Grand Crossing (South Shore, Woodlawn, Park Manor, Grand Crossing) 13 dead, 24 injured
    • District 4 – South Chicago (Far Southeast Side to Indiana state line): 9 dead, 18 injured
    • District 5 – Calumet (Roseland, Fernwood, West Pullman): 9 dead, 23 injured
    • District 6 – Gresham (Auburn-Gresham, Chatham): 5 dead, 19 injured
    • District 7 – Englewood (Englewood, West Englewood: 11 dead, 46 injured
    • District 8 – Chicago Lawn (most of the Southwest Side): 12 dead, 15 injured
    • District 9 – Deering (Back of the Yards, Bridgeport, Canaryville, Brighton Park): 4 dead, 15 injured
    • District 10 – Ogden (Little Village, much of North Lawndale): 9 dead, 8 injured
    • District 11 – Harrison (Garfield Park, parts of North Lawndale): 11 dead, 25 injured
    • District 12 – Monroe (Near West Side): 1 dead, 2 injured
    • District 13 – Wood (West Town, Ukrainian Village, parts of Humboldt Park): 3 dead, 1 injured
    • District 14 – Shakespeare (Wicker Park, Bucktown, Logan Square, parts of Humboldt Park): 6 dead, 1 injured
    • District 15 – Austin (North and South Austin): 6 dead, 8 injured
    • District 16 – Jefferson Park (Far Northwest Side from Portage Park to O'Hare International Airport): 0 dead, 0 injured
    • District 17 – Albany Park (Albany Park, Irving Park, Avondale): 2 dead, 0 injured
    • District 18 – Near North (Lincoln Park, Gold Coast Magnificent Mile, Near North Side): 1 dead, 5 injured
    • District 19 – Belmont (Lakeview, Roscoe Village, Lincoln Square, North Center): 1 dead, 1 injured
    • District 20 – Lincoln (Edgewater, Andersonville, Rosehill Cemetery, Budlong Woods): 0 dead, 1 injured
    • District 21 – Prairie (Hyde Park, Kenwood Oakland-Douglas, Lake Meadows, Chinatown): 2 dead, 2 injured
    • District 22 – Morgan Park (Beverly, Morgan Park, Mt. Greenwood): 5 dead, 4 injured
    • District 23 – Town Hall (East Lakeview, Uptown): 1 dead, 4 injured
    • District 24 – Rogers Park (East and West Rogers Park): 2 dead, 2 injured
    • District 25 – Grand Central (Belmont-Cragin, Kelvyn Park, Hermosa, Galewood): 8 dead, 10 injured
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

And the shortages trickle upwards. No new PPO's, No Det.'s, Sgt.'s, etc..

I feel like I went out on half those shootings this summer (002, 007, 008, 009, 021).

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
      And the shortages trickle upwards. No new PPO's, No Det.'s, Sgt.'s, etc..

I feel like I went out on half those shootings this summer (002, 007, 008, 009, 021).
      I see that good ol' District 003 (Grand Crossing) tops the list with 13 dead. Lived there all my life. What a friggin' hellhole.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
        I see that good ol' District 003 (Grand Crossing) tops the list with 13 dead. Lived there all my life. What a friggin' hellhole.
        And that's with all the "re-gentrification" going on there. The U of C basically owns everything to 67th (and patrol to 64th) and are waiting to buy whatever they don't own there, there's a lot of new and rehabbed housing and apt's on Kenwood/Kimbark (near Mt. Carmel). The areas that were really bad when I worked there (62-University, 63rd & Anywhere, 63-Woodlawn, Wedgewood -64 & Minerva, 71st & anywhere) are unrecognizable from 10 years ago.

There was a lot of rehabbing in So Shore (Cregier- Ridgeland, 67th-69th area) in the 90's, but people were tired of buying condos in these rehabbed 2-4 flats and having the GD's on their doorsteps slinging bags and shooting all night. That area had the potential, but the enforcement action never happened there. Seems like a lot of rehabbing is going on in the area of 70-Paxton-Oglesby. Hope people get the enforcement action there to make it a decent area again.

The 75th St. area (Woodlawn-Stony) is still crap and a lot of the old stuff still goes on there.

Section 8 is the death song of the south side (and many south burbs for that matter). All it takes is one bad Sec. 8 building on a block to destroy that block.

Comment

[QUOTE=
          Section 8 is the death song of the south side (and many south burbs for that matter). All it takes is one bad Sec. 8 building on a block to destroy that block.[/QUOTE]

U know when Junior tore down the corridor it was gonna spread like a pandemic. For the rest of the city it will be like a domino effect.
          You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4914 users online. 320 members and 4594 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X