300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Back For Degree

I am starting the process of going back to school. Wanted to get ur guys info on what maybe a good school for a 30 something guy working fulltime, who will need classes as well as internet courses. The more respectable the school the better, but just cant drop the job and be a fulltime student. Also i already have about 80 credits from another school, so if you know a school that will take a lot of credits let me know. Thanks!

Post Deleted By Author
    Last edited by LEJAmav; 03-19-2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Check out Upper Iowa University (UIU), just got my bachelors degree there, they are accreditted, the school and staff are great, the courses are all on-line (however they are a brick and mortar school also, meaning they actually have a campus with sports teams, dorms, etc), very convenient for someone who worked full-time. I am actually considering getting my masters now through UIU. My advisor was Ryann Winnings, she was great and helped me through the whole process.

Do alot of research, many of these online schools that are advertised are profit based schools, not non-profit. You want non-profit based schools. I made the mistake of contacting University of Phoenix, not only did they want like 10K per year, they hounded me for days afterwards, like 5-6 calls per day like a telelmarketer. Perfect example of a profit based school...they don't care about your education, they want the money.

I contacted UIU, told them what I wanted to do, never received one call from someone trying to get me to join or pressuring me. When I was ready, I called them and they helped me all along the way. UIU accepted many of my previous college credits and are known for that.

Comment

Ende333 I am in the same boat, work full time, and looking to finish my BA. Check out Roosevelt Online

http://faculty.roosevelt.edu/ruonline/

That is the program i am doing
        Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

Comment

Originally posted by johnnylawman109 View Post
          Check out Upper Iowa University (UIU), just got my bachelors degree there, they are accreditted, the school and staff are great, the courses are all on-line (however they are a brick and mortar school also, meaning they actually have a campus with sports teams, dorms, etc), very convenient for someone who worked full-time. I am actually considering getting my masters now through UIU. My advisor was Ryann Winnings, she was great and helped me through the whole process.

Do alot of research, many of these online schools that are advertised are profit based schools, not non-profit. You want non-profit based schools. I made the mistake of contacting University of Phoenix, not only did they want like 10K per year, they hounded me for days afterwards, like 5-6 calls per day like a telelmarketer. Perfect example of a profit based school...they don't care about your education, they want the money.

I contacted UIU, told them what I wanted to do, never received one call from someone trying to get me to join or pressuring me. When I was ready, I called them and they helped me all along the way. UIU accepted many of my previous college credits and are known for that.
          How much do they charge?

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
            How much do they charge?
            Without looking at my financial aid I really cant remember, it was very reasonable, and I was able to get financial aid. Call and talk with someone in admissions.

Comment

I don't know if you're interested or have the time but Benedictine University offers free tuition for police, fire, and Iraq and Afgan Vets. For the most part, it would require you to attend class once a week for 4 hours at various police and fire stations throughout the Chicago area.

http://www.ben.edu/programs/first_responder/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2502 users online. 170 members and 2332 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X