Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about exelon security

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • question about exelon security

    i know this is a little off topic but i had a huge question to ask about vision exams for exelon security. i have posted on here before that i have a color defienecy but wasn't sure if this would prevent me from a job at exelon. i got a conditional offer but this is something that is kind of worrying me. any info on the requirements is very helpful. thanks.

  • #2
    Originally posted by chitown34 View Post
    i know this is a little off topic but i had a huge question to ask about vision exams for exelon security. i have posted on here before that i have a color defienecy but wasn't sure if this would prevent me from a job at exelon. i got a conditional offer but this is something that is kind of worrying me. any info on the requirements is very helpful. thanks.
    A guy I was a police explorer with had the hugest glasses in the world and exelon hired him for PECO (Philly electric) as a security officer. Last I heard he became a dog handler with them.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

    Comment


    • #3
      if u are red green color blind go to your eye doctor and get a chromo C lens

      Comment


      • #4
        Just out of curiosity, what's the pay over there?

        A few years back, when it was still Wackenhut, I applied and went through the interview process and it was $14/hour. I ended up not taking the job because I landed a police gig, but it seemed like an interesting job especially with all the OT I was told there would be.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ShepXD View Post
          Just out of curiosity, what's the pay over there?

          A few years back, when it was still Wackenhut, I applied and went through the interview process and it was $14/hour. I ended up not taking the job because I landed a police gig, but it seemed like an interesting job especially with all the OT I was told there would be.
          Im not sure what the pay is over on that side but the starting pay was about $14-15/hr plus benefits in Philly. The guy I know ended up becoming a dog handler for them so he makes something like $30/hr plus call out OT.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

          Comment


          • #6
            starting pay is $17/hr. which isn't bad at all. everything is provided for you and there is usually overtime. it's a pretty sweet job. it's a step in the right direction for someone who wants to get into law enforcement. but like i said i just need to pass there color test if they give one. my everyday vision, i've never had a problem with and i can distinguish every possible color and even my optomistrist has said that its only a little issue but we'll see how stingy they are. when i fail test (which i will if it is the ishara test because the slightest diffienciey will make you fail) should i put up a fight over it and ask to do a different test or what? any input will help.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hellooo anyone still out there??

              Comment


              • #8
                I finished my exam portion of the process and was wondering if anyone else has any input about the position?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Once you pass the exam you will have a background done. They do a lot of searching with your background. Once you get offered a position they will send you to their training center where they do a psych test, drug test and you will have two days of classroom crap and dome tests you will have to pass before actually being hired. It's a bullcrap process cause it leaves you wondering if you got the job. Once you pass that you will do you physical exam at your plant. Training is suppose to be 3 months nut mine was 4. You don't learn everything on training however. As for the job itself, it is ok. Good pay. If you like overtime this is a good place to work depending on which plant your at. At the site I work at it isn't uncommon to get hit for overtime at least once a week. You very rarely get your every other weekend off. The job is pretty easy. A lot of down time. Out of a 12 hour shift you may do work for like 30 minutes the whole night. All in all, its a great job to get with this economy. There are not many jobs out there that compare with pay and the ones that do aren't close to a law,enforcement career and usually have crazy qualifications. Good luck with the process. Let me know how it goes

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Inter-Con is a good place to work. Pay is 15.00 plus 1.75 more for uniform maintenance. armed position at chemical plants and court system. extra info.
                    “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by chitown34 View Post
                      Once you pass the exam you will have a background done. They do a lot of searching with your background. Once you get offered a position they will send you to their training center where they do a psych test, drug test and you will have two days of classroom crap and dome tests you will have to pass before actually being hired. It's a bullcrap process cause it leaves you wondering if you got the job. Once you pass that you will do you physical exam at your plant. Training is suppose to be 3 months nut mine was 4. You don't learn everything on training however. As for the job itself, it is ok. Good pay. If you like overtime this is a good place to work depending on which plant your at. At the site I work at it isn't uncommon to get hit for overtime at least once a week. You very rarely get your every other weekend off. The job is pretty easy. A lot of down time. Out of a 12 hour shift you may do work for like 30 minutes the whole night. All in all, its a great job to get with this economy. There are not many jobs out there that compare with pay and the ones that do aren't close to a law,enforcement career and usually have crazy qualifications. Good luck with the process. Let me know how it goes

                      Hey thanks a lot, I appreciate the info. Definitely will keep you up-to-date.

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 4288 users online. 240 members and 4048 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X