300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD mounted Unit

Hello and Happy 4th of July, I would like to know how the CPD mounted horse unit gets from the Stables to the location where they are needed? Do they hook a trailer on the Back of a paddy wagon? And is it true that the CPD owns there own stables where the Police horses are kept? I saw the mounted unit last year at the Chicago Air & Water show, they did a parity good job at controlling the crowd. Please let me know thank you and have a safe and happy fourth of July. Stay safe out there.
    Last edited by Chitown2210; 07-04-2009, 02:08 PM.

The ride the horses up there.

Comment

They put the horses in a harness which they attach to the police helicopter and they fly them in.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Holy ****, your spelling and grammar gets worse and worse every time you post - are you "special" or something? Where do you come up with these redicilous questions that have very common sense, common knowledge answers?
        What not to openly admit in the Officer.com Forums: "I AM an active member of I.P.R." - Riggs45

"Please let me know, Thank you." in honor of Chitown2210

“What's right is what's left if you've done everything else wrong.” - Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCity View Post
          They put the horses in a harness which they attach to the police helicopter and they fly them in.
          LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chitown2210 View Post
            Hello and Happy 4th of July, I would like to know how the CPD mounted horse unit gets from the Sables to the location where they are needed?
            Since sables are primarily in Russia from the Ural Mountains throughout Siberia, in northern Mongolia and China and on Hokkaidō in Japan, they will probably have to fly the horses in.
            “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Whoa, whoa! Wait a minute! You're telling me that the horses aren't deployed through teleportation?!

~

Comment

Originally posted by rgw1977 View Post
                Holy ****, your spelling and grammar gets worse and worse every time you post - are you "special" or something? Where do you come up with these redicilous questions that have very common sense, common knowledge answers?
                No, and it was a typo the I fixed, and for the love of something please stop bashing my questions.

Comment

No, and it was a typo the I fixed, and for the love of something please stop bashing my questions.
                  Then quit asking them.

No one else here asks how the horses get to from the stables anywhere.
                  No one else here asks if Metra Cops work anywhere else except for the city.

If you must continue asking then atleast have the decency to learn proper grammar and puncuation. Go back to fix a typo and then posting about it and misspelling other words and throwing random commas in doesn't help.

Comment

Hello and Happy 4th of July, I would like to know how the CPD mounted horse unit gets from the Stables to the location where they are needed? Do they hook a trailer on the Back of a paddy wagon? And is it true that the CPD owns there own stables where the Police horses are kept? I saw the mounted unit last year at the Chicago Air & Water show, they did a parity good job at controlling the crowd. Please let me know thank you and have a safe and happy fourth of July. Stay safe out there.
                    They are put in a trailor and driven to a central location... but I don't know anything about the stables. Anyone know this answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_mwk View Post
                      They are put in a trailor
                      a what?

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_mwk View Post
                        They are put in a trailor and driven to a central location... but I don't know anything about the stables. Anyone know this answer?
                        Their stables are at the old South Shore Country Club (71st-South Shore Dr.). They load the horses 2 to a trailer and tow them with an SUV (Ford Explorer, Chev. Suburbans) to where they're assigned. The P/O's assigned to Mounted take care of their horses and the stables. I believe they can't take a summer furlough either because of all details that are going on in the summer. My neighbor just retired from mounted and when he would have time before a detail, would stop on the block with his horse and put the kids up on him. I have pics of both my kids (when they were younger, adorable, and cute) on his horse. Hope that answered your questions.

Check this link..
                        http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/photog...ch2007046.html

http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/photog...ch2007047.html
                        Last edited by ChiTownDet; 07-05-2009, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                          Their stables are at the old South Shore Country Club (71st-South Shore Dr.). They load the horses 2 to a trailer and tow them with an SUV (Ford Explorer, Chev. Suburbans) to where they're assigned. The P/O's assigned to Mounted take care of their horses and the stables. I believe they can't take a summer furlough either because of all details that are going on in the summer. My neighbor just retired from mounted and when he would have time before a detail, would stop on the block with his horse and put the kids up on him. I have pics of both my kids (when they were younger, adorable, and cute) on his horse. Hope that answered your questions.

Check this link..
                          http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/photog...ch2007046.html

http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/photog...ch2007047.html
                          That anwsers my question, thank you
                          Last edited by Chitown2210; 07-05-2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rgw1977 View Post
                            LOL. Apparently the OP isn't the only one with spelling problems...
                            "Well I'd lock him up for what we know he did, and then throw in a few extra years for what he probably did." ~Hank Hill

"Why do you need to carry a gun? There aren't any bad people in this town..."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12051 users online. 292 members and 11759 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X