300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so whats to do in chicago?

looks like ill be there on a business trip/vacation with the old lady from aug 8th-15th

id like to do something besides sit in the hotel or get sucked into the usual tourist traps..

any good cop bars? do they still exist?
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

August 8-15? Sweat.

Seriously though, the White Sox have a home game Sunday Aug 9th at 1:20. If you like baseball that is. They play the night before too, but that may be a little soon for you. Cubs are probably sold out, though I don't understand why.

Comment

If I'm not working and I wasn't married, you would find me at North Beach.
      I can't think of any fests or special events that far in advance, but Michigan Ave, Shedd Aquarium, Lincoln Park Zoo, Millenium and Grant Parks, and a long list of restaurants should be on your to-do list. If you want cop bars, they are everywhere too. I'd rather not list them all publicly so that the wrong crowds don't start showing up.
      Last edited by markdh720; 06-21-2009, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Wear a vest and a Kevlar helmet....The heat in August will bring the peak of street crime and should provide enough entertainment for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sepd40 View Post
          Wear a vest and a Kevlar helmet....The heat in August will bring the peak of street crime and should provide enough entertainment for anyone.
          we already covered me carrying during my stay lol

ill be bored while the ball and chain is at conferences..
          In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by TomfromIL View Post
            August 8-15? Sweat.

Seriously though, the White Sox have a home game Sunday Aug 9th at 1:20. If you like baseball that is. They play the night before too, but that may be a little soon for you. Cubs are probably sold out, though I don't understand why.
            Try and go to a cubs game, they are sold out for a reason. If you want sox tickets just order some Domino's Pizzas while you are here and you can get the tickets for free...
            For some reason whenever I watch 'COPS' I want to move to Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by TomfromIL View Post
              August 8-15? Sweat.

sweat?

dude, OKLAHOMA..

110 degrees with 65% humidity is summer here..

so anyone wanna take me out for a beer? maybe some of this chicago pizza?

grew up a cubbies fan, id love to go to a game if i can...like a real cubbies fan it doesnt matter if they lose.

Comment

It's not hard to get Cubs tix for weeknight games, just go to stubhub.com.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza

Go to Lou Malnati's 439 NORTH WELLS STREET for Deep Dish Pizza. Order a deep dish with cheese, sausage, mushroom, onion and, most importantly, the buttercrust for the extra .75 cents. Pizzeria Uno still makes a good deep dish pizza, but no where near on the level of Lou Malnati's. If you have ever dined at a Pizzeria Uno Bar and Grill anywhere else outside of the original location in Chicago, the pizza is TERRIBLE. It's not even the same recipe, and is actually an embarrassment to deep dish pizza. It's Uno in name only outside of Chicago.

Yes, deep dish pizza originated at Uno's under Ike Sewell ( the original owner ); but, it was his manager, Rudy Malnati, who invented the deep dish recipe at Uno's. Years later, his son, Lou, went out on his own and started Lou Malnati's. Lou's sons run the restaurant now. This is deep dish perfection. The Chicago Tribune had a recent poll about who makes the best deep dish in Chicago. The result- Lou Malnati's won and for good reason- it's still the best.

For the record, there's plenty of good thin crust pizza here, too. Try Pizano's if you're downtown, Pat's on the North Side, or Vito and Nick's on the South Side. If you like sandwiches, get an Italian Beef / Sausage combo, extra dipped with sweet peppers from Portillo's or my personal favorite, Johnnie's in Elmwood Park, IL.

Police work is fun. Eating is even more fun. Yes, it's time to go take my cholesterol meds.

Be Safe Out There,

cpd007

Comment

Other than a Cub's or Sox game, what else is a must see or do in Chicago? My wife wants to go to Taste of Chicago and also the museum. Any other ideas. I am in charge of places to eat. We are staying at the Westin on Michigan Ave. Any recommnedations for breakfast places near the hotel? Of course we plan on going to Lou's for deep dish.

Comment

These guys are right, get some food!

Deep Dish from Giordonos, Lou Manaties, or Gino's East, or thin crust from Exchequer

For beef find a Portillos or go to Johnnies in Elmwood Park (7600 north ave), and be sure to get some italian ice.

For anything tubed try Hot Dougs (crazy and interesting recipes) or maxwell street.

If you go to a Cubs or Sox game, sit in the bleachers. Find the groups who are drinking and having the most fun and tell them you're from out of town and are looking for something to do. They'll tell you about half the city.

Go to Millenium and Grant Parks and enjoy whatever's going on. Walk through Navy Pier. Go to some museums.

Comment

^^^^ Thanks for the info.

Comment

metromix.com
                          Please let me know, Thank you.
                          US Army 13M

Comment

Al's beef on taylor st. for a combo then go across the street and get an italian lemonade from mario's. I miss Chicago food. The air and water show starts the 15th, you could probably hang out at north ave beach on friday and watch the thunderbirds and other planes pratice.

Comment

If you like irish pubs u can go down western ave and hit up all the coppper/fireman bars. Dont wear any cubs gear if you plan on going to the sox game, the drunk fans will probally insult ur wife and throw beer on you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17590 users online. 538 members and 17052 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X