300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois testing laws?

One of my buddies was telling me he heard from another officer that it is state law for depts to test every 1-2 years but doesnt necessarily mean you have to hire anytime soon. This was brought up after i told him my whole situation with bridgeview. Im wondering if the "free applications" are the depts who do this?
    Please let me know, Thank you.
    US Army 13M

Edge I don't have a state law infront of me. However, every dept. I've gone to that is only making a list states that it is Illinois law that every dept has to have a list established at all times. Lists expire after 2 years or they are exhausted, whichever comes first. That is the reason departments test strictly to form another list.

From that I gather, testing every 1-2 years is not the law, but to have a list you must test every 2 years anyway. Sooner if you eliminate all the candidates on your list.

Comment

Repost (again)

The age restrictions are mandated by Ill. Police and Fire Commission Rules (Chap. 65 Ilsc 5/10). These rules also go for length an eligibility list is active (2 yrs.). These effect the municipalities that are non home rule (under 5000 pop. or 5000-250,000 pop. that are not home rule muni's).

Although pension funds may adapt these same rules, there have been successful lawsuits by people who were denied employment because they were not accepted into the pension fund (medical problems), but were ordered hired , and not enrolled in the pension fund.

Comment

thanks for the info guys, sorry if it was a repost
        Please let me know, Thank you.
        US Army 13M

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9482 users online. 258 members and 9224 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X