300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Co Ranger Police

I cant find any department info online about this dept. Does anyone have any info or know anyone thats works for them?
    Please let me know, Thank you.
    US Army 13M

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
    I cant find any department info online about this dept. Does anyone have any info or know anyone thats works for them?
    Lake County Forest Preserve District Police

Comment

Last edited by Huey County; 08-05-2009, 12:48 AM.
      Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
      Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
      For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
      'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

Real good group of guys and gals that work there. I have no complaints about any of their officers. The job is "real" law enforcement, despite what some people might say. Yes, alot of the job involves tasks that municipal coppers don't do, but they also write tickets, make arrests, and do tasks that run the gammut of law enforcement. Believe me, alot of s**theads come through the forest preserves.

The pay is great (starting at $54k), you get a take home car, and the pension plan is the best in the county (even better than LCSO). Its a laid back department, and the administration is decent from what I have heard from their officers.

I know that their application deadline just passed and they will be holding the tests later this month. Some people use the Forest Preseve as a stepping stone to other departments and some like it enough to stay. Here is a PDF brochure on the department:

http://www.lcfpd.org/docs/media_pub_26201.pdf

Let me know if you have other questions about the department and if I don't know the answer, I will get the answer for you.

Comment

i applied and have the paperwork. My dilema is this. I have bridgeview and there test the same day. Im sure everyone has read my horror story with bridgeview but its a dept that i wouldnt mind working for but its all about juice there. LCF only has 12 FT officers so it kinda makes me wonder how many people ill be going against for 1 spot. I was recently up that way for north chicagos app and i realized how many forest preserves LC actually has, its like triple the amount of cook county. I just cant find like a department website that has the info im looking for or a contact number to set up a ride along
          Please let me know, Thank you.
          US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
            i applied and have the paperwork. My dilema is this. I have bridgeview and there test the same day. Im sure everyone has read my horror story with bridgeview but its a dept that i wouldnt mind working for but its all about juice there. LCF only has 12 FT officers so it kinda makes me wonder how many people ill be going against for 1 spot. I was recently up that way for north chicagos app and i realized how many forest preserves LC actually has, its like triple the amount of cook county. I just cant find like a department website that has the info im looking for or a contact number to set up a ride along
            Bridgeview and the LCFPDPD are two very different departments. Only you can decide which will be best for you. As I have stated, th Forest Preserve is not the same as many other agencies, although it is similar. If you are looking to "run and gun", the Forest Preserve will not be for you. It is a much more laid back environment. I can't speak for Bridgeview, but I would imagine that it is much busier than the Forest Preserve.

As for contact information, look at the link that I posted above. All of the contact information is right there.

Comment

I do not know the exact number of part-timer officers they have. However, I know they use them extensively in that I see quite a few of them on at a time. They are able to perform the same tasks as the full-time officers.

The PD generally operates from 0600 hours - 2200 hours. There are "on-call" officers after 2200 hours and the Lake County Sheriff's Office also patrols the forest preserves and will respond to calls as needed during that time. In a nutshell, police service to the forest preserves is never affected based upon the time of day.

Comment

I just can't get past the fact that they are called "Ranger Police".....hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by loyolapd
                  Hey, do you know how many they are looking for? I got a call from HR today for an interview. Is their station in Lindenhurst, IL?
                  I had heard from a current part-timer they are looking at hiring 2-3. Their station is in Lindenhurst Grand Avenue/132. Its the new "Operations and Public Safety" building on the north side of the road.

Comment

Down to 8 for power test and backrounds, they are hiring 4

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
                      Down to 8 for power test and backrounds, they are hiring 4
                      where did you hear that?

Comment

Thats some good odds right there

Comment

Originally posted by chgometro View Post
                          where did you hear that?
                          At the PT test when I was taking it. Backrounds are started, only pysch and medical left if backround is passed.

Comment

The Lake County Forest Preserve Rangers are hiring again. Is anyone taking the PT and Written on June 11th, 2016? It's at the General Office location. When I asked where the PT will be taken, I was told it was on the street. There isn't anywhere safe to run on the street other than around a large body of water (pond) to the south of the general office. I asked their HR person if this is where the run was located and he didn't know. Does anyone have any more information regarding the run and the amount of laps for 1 mile around the pond?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9553 users online. 462 members and 9091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X