300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midlothian PD or Hazel Crest PD

So after I picked up the application from Hazel Crest PD I found out that Midlothian PD was having a test on the same day. I was wondering if anyone knew if either department was actually going to be taking anybody or if they were just establishing an eligibility list.

Midlothian has a starting salary of 37, 631.90 and an application fee of $25
    http://theblueline.com/feature/ILmidlothian3.html

Hazel Crest has a starting salary of 44,358.10 with no application fee. Although the starting salary is higher there is a residency requirement within 12 months of being hired. http://theblueline.com/feature/ILhazelcrest4.html

I know that most people would say go for the higher salary but I was wondering if anyone knew which department I would have a better chance of actually getting hired on. Any information about either department would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You dont have to actually live in Hazel Crest, just within the boundries.

Comment

midlo is broke I was told that oak forest is helping midlo financially at the moment. I think i may test with midlo the only reason is i have never expierenced a "cops" test before
      Please let me know, Thank you.
      US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
        midlo is broke I was told that oak forest is helping midlo financially at the moment. I think i may test with midlo the only reason is i have never expierenced a "cops" test before
        More leniant in time now for COPS test. Which was a bit upsetting when the first test was 20 secs to answer 35 shape questions. Now its like a minute.

I applied to Midlo for the last list. Buddy told me its a good town for experience. To bad they were on canidate 17 and Im #21 or something like that. Would of been a better learning experience for me.

Good luck and either or, you will learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
          You mean tax dollars from Oak Forest tax payers are being given to Midlothian? I find that hard to believe. Do the residents of Oak Forest know this? In reality, I've never heard of one suburb financially supporting another. A lot of businesses in Midlothian and mostly single family residences. Where did those tax dollars go? I could understand tightening the belt as far as spending on hiring and other municipal projects go, but if I was an Oak Forest resident, I'd vote out anyone involved in that fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by ChgoPaintball View Post
            More leniant in time now for COPS test. Which was a bit upsetting when the first test was 20 secs to answer 35 shape questions. Now its like a minute.

I applied to Midlo for the last list. Buddy told me its a good town for experience. To bad they were on canidate 17 and Im #21 or something like that. Would of been a better learning experience for me.

Good luck and either or, you will learn.
            How did you find out that COPS will be giving the written test? Last time you took the test for Midlothian did a lot of people show up? How many did they hire from their last list?

Comment

Originally posted by LawEnfOfc2006
              Why do people worry about how many a department hired or how many people are testing? Take the test and let the process play itself out. Goodluck....
              agreed, just go take the test.

Comment

midlo has used that test for years
                Please let me know, Thank you.
                US Army 13M

Comment

I visted the academy recently (CPD Metro), and I found out Hazel Crest fired their recruit because they could no longer afford him (city budget). This was somewhat odd because the recruit lasted 2 weeks in the academy, then Hazel Crest decided to fire him. I was told this by 2 staff members, and several of the recruits in the current CPD Metro Class.

That leaves only 6 current Recruits in the current CPD Metro class.

It's scary how the economy is effecting the hiring of police officers lately.
                  Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19033 users online. 507 members and 18526 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X