Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IL Appeal Court Upholds Chicago/Oak Park Gun Ban

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IL Appeal Court Upholds Chicago/Oak Park Gun Ban

    Appellate court shot down the Oak Park gun ban by stating that the trial in DC wouldnt effect the handgun ban because DC is Federal. NRA states it will take the case to the Supreme Court.

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=7740099

  • #2
    Originally posted by ChgoPaintball View Post
    Appellate court shot down the Oak Park gun ban by stating that the trial in DC wouldnt effect the handgun ban because DC is Federal. NRA states it will take the case to the Supreme Court.

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=7740099
    What a friggin' joke... I'm willing to bet money that this was a liberal judge that came up with this ruling. So how is it that forty-something other states have some type of conceal and carry rule? The fact that they came up with the conclusion that DC is a Federal territory is a b.s. technicality.

    Meanwhile, Chicago-area residents right to run and/or die is still in full effect.
    The right of Self-Preservation, stripped from Illinois residents, namely Chicago, Chicago Suburbs, and Cook County... Last time I checked, isn't this considered a form of communism? The beginning stages of a dictatorship?

    Comment


    • #3
      I think its BS as well. Makes me wonder what can I do if I was downtown and witnessed a guy getting mugged in an alley

      HEY YOU STOP. Ill stab your with my ball point pen.

      Sorry had to many MT Dews and im all over the place. I need something to eat.

      Comment


      • #4
        These ordinances have been in place for a long time, why the complaining now? Get over it. IF your a cop it doesnt affect you, so what do you have to complain about not getting shot by the scared homeowner on an alarm call on midnight shift.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
          These ordinances have been in place for a long time, why the complaining now?
          Actually, the complaining has been going on since localities started violating the Second Amendment.
          Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
          IF your a cop it doesnt affect you, so what do you have to complain about not getting shot by the scared homeowner on an alarm call on midnight shift.
          This does effect all of us. I have dealt with several armed (not scared) homeowners, on midnights. On occasion, they were the only back-up that I had; I welcomed the help.
          “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

          George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

          Comment


          • #6
            It was a 3 Judge panel.
            2 Judges appionted by Reagan, 1 by Ford.
            Last edited by Cable; 06-03-2009, 09:29 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              It was a 3 Judge panel.
              2 Judges appionted by Regan, 1 by Ford.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                Actually, the complaining has been going on since localities started violating the Second Amendment.

                This does effect all of us. I have dealt with several armed (not scared) homeowners, on midnights. On occasion, they were the only back-up that I had; I welcomed the help.

                Then thats just plain dumb in my opionion to let a homeowner walk around with a gun. I have gone to several calls alone and would not want a untrained homeowner trying to be a cop with a gun. Its a local ordinance, if it was a violation it would have been turned over.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NPSCop View Post
                  That's what I thought after I typed it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
                    Then thats just plain dumb in my opionion to let a homeowner walk around with a gun. I have gone to several calls alone and would not want a untrained homeowner trying to be a cop with a gun. Its a local ordinance, if it was a violation it would have been turned over.
                    Yeah, because a man has to be a certified cop to protect his own property with a gun.

                    People like you make me freakin' sick.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
                      Then thats just plain dumb in my opionion to let a homeowner walk around with a gun. I have gone to several calls alone and would not want a untrained homeowner trying to be a cop with a gun. Its a local ordinance, if it was a violation it would have been turned over.
                      So, if a homeowner "walks around" (as you put it) in his own home with a firearm, protecting his family, and/or property, he's trying to be a cop... Hmm, interesting logic. I wonder, you wouldn't happen to be Mayor Daley disguised as a forum member now, would you?

                      So, what would be your solution for protecting one's family/property? It's bad enough we cannot protect ourselves as we walk from point A to point B.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NPSCop View Post
                        Took the words right outta my mouth...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cable View Post
                          It was a 3 Judge panel.
                          2 Judges appionted by Reagan, 1 by Ford.
                          Wow... 2 Republicans. I'm not a fan of "Reaganomics", but even I'm a little surprised, now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                            Actually, the complaining has been going on since localities started violating the Second Amendment.
                            +1

                            This does effect all of us. I have dealt with several armed (not scared) homeowners, on midnights. On occasion, they were the only back-up that I had; I welcomed the help.
                            It effects cops as well. Guess what, just because your a cop doesn't mean you can buy whichever weapon you like. For the LEOs that live in Chicago, can you legally purchase and register an AR-15?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Johnnyblade View Post
                              Yeah, because a man has to be a certified cop to protect his own property with a gun.

                              People like you make me freakin' sick.
                              Sorry not all of us like people running around playing cop, I know thats hard for some of u wannabes to understand. But NO when I show up at a house that homeowners gun is gettin put away and his FOID is getting run. You dont like it move out west to AZ or TX.

                              You people really want gangbangers to legally carry guns just because they have yet to be convicted of a felony. Thats some smarts,lets pat them down and hand them back and say have a nice day.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 12281 users online. 395 members and 11886 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X