300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD Officer Shot in the head

A plain clothes officer assigned to the 7th district was shot in the head and critically wounded at about 030 hours this morning on 60th and Hermitage. As we speak, he is clinging on to life.

First, let me say, keep this officer, and his family in your prayers. Pray that he will pull thru. I just took off my mourning band in regards to (May) Law Enforcement Memorial month. I pray to God that I don't have to put it back on.

Second, Mayor Daley, Supt. Weis, ARE YOU LISTENING??? We (Chicago area LEOs) are being desimated out there. We are understaffed, and outgunned. When does the madness stop? This should galvanize the reason for hiring more officers. And I know this is impossible and probably not going to happen, but Mr. Daley, could you try to keep politics out of it?

Remember... When public safety mixes in with politics, everyone is put in danger; everyone suffers.
    Last edited by ccsd0601; 06-03-2009, 04:42 AM.

P.S. My apologies for the ranting and raving.

Comment

My prayers to his recovery and his family...

We have the strictest gun control laws and the highest amount of shootings. When will people realize they are only disarming law abiding citizens. Gang bangers/criminals will always have guns.

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post

We have the strictest gun control laws and the highest amount of shootings. When will people realize they are only disarming law abiding citizens. Gang bangers/criminals will always have guns.
        +1

Prayers to the Officer and his family
        "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Comment

Prayers for the wounded Officer.

Comment

I hope he pulls through.

Comment

Let's pray that this young tac guy pulls through and fully recovers. It's sad, there is a brazenness out on the streets among these mutts that I haven't seen in my time on the job. There is absolutely no fear from them, they know our hands are tied out there and they are making the most of it.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to this officer and his family that he pulls through......to all the CPD and other Chicago area LEO's, you guys (and gals) be safe out there.....watch your six.
                Last edited by SnakeDoctor; 06-01-2009, 12:35 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post

Brother, you hit it right on nose. The politicians just simply don't get it. It's funny how the politicians (i.e. Chicago City Council, Mayor Daley, Ed Burke, etc.) are constantly trying to pass some type of newer, more draconian gun ban, when the council (i.e. Alderman) are authorized to not only own a handgun, but also carry it on their person. They have peace officer status. Nice perk, huh? A tad bit hypocriticalif u ask me...

P.S. There are plenty of politicans who conceal and carry, but have the nerve to talk about gun bans and "common sense" gun control. (Roland Burris vowed to ban all guns when he ran for Govenor, but refused to give up his own. And we also remember the Ald. Dick Mell issue, don't we?) The day that the State of Illinois, Cook County, and Chicago gets conceal and carry is the day that crime will take a serious nose-dive. (Wow... one could only dream!) It's a shame when you live in a city, county, state, etc. where your only choice for self-preservation, protection of oneself, self-defense, or whatever you want to call it, is "you have the right to RUN AND HIDE, OR DIE!"

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                    Let's pray that this young tac guy pulls through and fully recovers. It's sad, there is a brazenness out on the streets among these mutts that I haven't seen in my time on the job. There is absolutely no fear from them, they know our hands are tied out there and they are making the most of it.
                    It's funny how that works; now if it was the total opposite (cop shooting the criminal), then there would be protests starting the great Rev. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, and other people saying that you didn't have to kill him; you could've shot hm in the leg; he was an angel, etc. What a friggin joke!

Comment

Or how the latest "CPS student" killed was an "honor roll student", etc..

The last kid that got burnt, beaten, shot, etc.. only one news outlet out there had the balls to post his gang banging MySpace photos.

Comment

---SIX KILLS LAW---

Every major city that can show a high rate of violent crime occuring in their city should be allowed by law to target the top six of their most violent offenders for lethel force at anytime if they are observed by a PO. Six kills per year. Imagine that. Imagine how dramatically low the crime rate would drop if cops were given the green light to eliminate these fuzz heads on scene with no other justification except visually recognizing them.

Comment

lethal force...my error

Comment

First my prayers and thoughts to the officer and family. Second I pray when they catch the scumbags who did the shooting he gets a nice welcome at the Hotel California.
                            Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

Just heard on the news that he has passed. R.I.P

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16735 users online. 398 members and 16337 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X