300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
    DA/SA haven't been allowed since about '93 or so. DA only since then (I'm grandfathered in with my 4506) . I haven't read this new order, yet, but I had heard that the PPO's were only allowed .9mm while either in training or on probation, but allowed to switch calibers after. Sucks having to buy multiple guns. I've always been particular to the .45 round and have never owned a .9mm. It would suck to have to buy a $500 gun that you wouldn't carry. Again, I haven't read the new order, so I could be wrong on this..
    I agree... you can't go wrong with the .45 round.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
      I agree... you can't go wrong with the .45 round.
      Same here also, I've never owned a 9mm both my duty weapons are .45.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
        While this allows new officers to carry striker fired guns, is the Glock 17 or Glock 19 still required for PPOs? After that I assume they can move onto another firearm that is strikerfired.
        That's what I had heard before, and that's why I made this thread. According to the article it would appear that even PPO's get the choice of three stricker fired pistols: Glock, Smith and Wesson, and Springfield.

Perhaps, in the "morale survey" that was conducted, it was revealed that people wanted a choice... But I'm only specualting of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
          DA/SA haven't been allowed since about '93 or so. DA only since then (I'm grandfathered in with my 4506) . I haven't read this new order, yet, but I had heard that the PPO's were only allowed .9mm while either in training or on probation, but allowed to switch calibers after. Sucks having to buy multiple guns. I've always been particular to the .45 round and have never owned a .9mm. It would suck to have to buy a $500 gun that you wouldn't carry. Again, I haven't read the new order, so I could be wrong on this..
          I have shot a friends 4506 and it was nice. It reminded me of a 1911 a little bit in appearance but otherwise I enjoyed teh gun. I enjoy my Sig P226R and P229R a great deal. Both are DA/SA.

Would it be possible to find out if Sigs with a DAK trigger are still allowed as well as other hammer fired guns? I am just curious because I enjoy talking guns.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13518 users online. 413 members and 13105 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X