300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ucpd Hiring

Im new to this site and just thought that i should be an active member of the community and pass along that the University of Chicago Police are hiring.

I looked at the UC website and could not find any information about them currently hiring.

Can you direct us to a website or other source?

Comment

its also a non certified police job meaning you dont arrest anyone but assist officer instead
      Please let me know, Thank you.
      US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
        its also a non certified police job meaning you dont arrest anyone but assist officer instead
        No, it is an actual PD. They are sworn through the "Private University Peace Officer's Act." Make arrests, answer all calls from 39th-65th, Evans to Lakefront. Arrests are usually processed in 021. The PD has way more P/T than F/T P/O's, most of those being off duty CPD. They were not too keen on sending cars to non university domestics, but they do answer all in prog jobs. They also have a tac team and Detectives..

You'll learn more working the streets there than a lot of the suburban, municipal PD's. Bad thing is that the pension is a university pension that you'll have to work until 63 (or close to it) to get and it's not like a PD pension that gets you 50% w/ 20 yrs on.

Good place to get the academy, some street experience, move on and then come back to work P/T.
        Last edited by ChiTownDet; 05-22-2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post

Where do you get your information from?

Comment

Here is the website for there human resources. http://jobs.uchicago.edu/

Comment

Originally posted by jefsmith77 View Post
              Where do you get your information from?
              read the job description it says police officer (non certified)
              Please let me know, Thank you.
              US Army 13M

Comment

Yes the announcement is correct you are hired as a non certified police officer. Translation.....you are not certified, you have not been to the academy, and the only other way to hire you is if you were certified (or we can dumb it down and say lateral). Other agencies will use terms such as recruit, candidate, cadet, and my favorite....PPO. Under those terms you are generally explained in no uncertain terms that you are not the police until you are sworn in or have passed your certification. Dont get lost in the semantics. You are tesing for police officer, it doesnt matter what your jobtitle says....under the law you are not a police officer until you are sworn, by virtue of being sworn in you are provisionally "certified" until you get the results of your test. The U of C is no different. Think it through.
                You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

deleted....
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

I read on their website a long time ago that their academy is 35 weeks. Is that true?

Comment

Has anyone who tested for the U of C Police heard of how many they are hiring? I have a med. exam on fri, anyone in the hiring process?

Comment

Hired a new Chief (came from Vanderbilt Univ.), in the process of getting into a new station. The new guy is in the process of getting rid of all the P/T people and wants an all F/T Dept. Also several new Dep. Chiefs. When I was there (early 80's) we had 70 F/T, but had the Hospital, also. The new guy wants 20-30 new hires. Rumor is the uniform and badge will be changed, also..

Comment

..................Double post..Sticky trigger finger..
                            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 08-06-2009, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know where ucpd is announcing that they are hiring? I checked link the jarhead left but couldn't find it. Anyone know starting pay? residency?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5632 users online. 222 members and 5410 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X