Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gov. Quinn threatens to lay off half of ISP.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gov. Quinn threatens to lay off half of ISP.

I hope he's blowing smoke! I think his time table for reducing the deficit is unrealistic and needs a few more years added to eliminate it. I'm scheduled to begin ISP Cadet Class 117 on May 31st and will be giving up a very secure job at my current police department. Last thing I want to happen is to give up my secure job and later be laid off by Gov. Quinn's plan if his tax increase doesn't get passed.

It's typical bluster done every year by the politicos. If you notice in his scare budget he also says he'll close all the veterans homes and force the vets living there to leave. He'll also close all the state parks. He'll cut social services and medical payments.
    It's all done as scare tactics. The politicos think the people will be so upset that they'll start calling their legislators demanding the legislators pass the governor's budget. Everyone, including Quinn, knows it's all hot air and baseless threats.
    183 FBINA

Comment

When is election year? It'll be nice to see him NOT VOTED IN again.

Comment

I am in total agreement with ISPCAPT and LawEnfOfc2006. My city is going through the same stuff now, claiming that they are going to lay us off. All scare tactics!! It seems like it is common for these idiot politicians to target the police for layoffs in their doomsday budgets. They are looking for an outcry. That is all. Just another democrat trying to scare you. Hang in there, brother. I would only worry if you were just starting with California Highway Patrol! Hahaha.
        Last edited by styguy531; 05-19-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Yup, scare tactic, and a great way to throw morale into the toilet. Any Village, City, County or State that does this has it bite them in the butt when it comes to the happiness of the rank and file.
          www.saveavet.org

Comment

Last year Blago said if he didn't get his budget he was going to lay off everyone in the ISP except for 100 sworn. Here it is a year later and all the sworn kept their jobs. Blago didn't.
            183 FBINA

Comment

Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
              Last year Blago said if he didn't get his budget he was going to lay off everyone in the ISP except for 100 sworn. Here it is a year later and all the sworn kept their jobs. Blago didn't.
              Wow... How the hell would you effectively run a major state police agency with 100 sworn? Cook County does the same thing. They threatened to lay off many COs, even though we are under a Federal consent decree to hire more officers. And they also threatened to eliminate Sheriff's Police. I know that CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) obviously has nothing to do with LE, but notice how every year they talk about their so-called "Doomsday" plan, eliminating damn near every bus and train route and doubling the price (then have the nerve to advertise how clean and efficient, safe and on-schedule the service is). The scary thing is that even though it is hot air that the politicians are blowing our way, they would purposely let the government collapse onto itself (i.e. massive layoffs, shutdowns of gov't facilities, severe cuts of public services, draconian elevated fees and fines, etc.), just to get their point across. I believe that Stroger would have done it if he didn't get his way for the tax hike.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8288 users online. 214 members and 8074 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X