Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brookfield Zoo Police

For all the officers out there...

Would this be something worth pursuing? I see it as an opportunity but others tell me it is a roadblock. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you want to deal with Monkeys all day go for it.

Comment

Basically you'll be an EMT, security guard, and armoured car driver all wrapped in one with a "police" patch on. Unless this interests you, stay away or you'll be miserable. There really isn't any policework that goes on with the zoo police. On the plus side, you'll be state certified so that will make you more appealing when you apply around to other places.

Comment

If I remember, you need to have some connections or someone to pull some strings for you on this department. I applied last year and never heard anything from it...

Comment

Originally posted by LawEnfOfc2006
          If your not certified apply. If they hire you and send you to the academy great. Get the certification and make yourself appealing.
          agreed get certified and lateral yourself out of there

Comment

I know someone who works there. They do certify you, so there's that going for them.

From what he told me they are regularly pulled out of the zoo to assist brookfield pd and other towns.

I wouldn't make a career out of the place for the simple fact that they do not get a regular police pension.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12091 users online. 294 members and 11797 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X