Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I applied online and turned in all my paperwork into ISO. I'm new to testing in Illinois. I've been a cop in Arizona for a 5 years and hoping they take my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by INKEDlawman View Post
      I applied online and turned in all my paperwork into ISO. I'm new to testing in Illinois. I've been a cop in Arizona for a 5 years and hoping they take my experience.
      Do you care where in Illinois you get hired at? And how soon do you want to get hired?

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
        Do you care where in Illinois you get hired at? And how soon do you want to get hired?
        I don't really care where i get hired, but I'm moving back to Illinois in July and would love to start working ASAP! I remember testing in Illinois back in 2008-2009 and going through the hiring freezes and taking forever for departments to hire.

Comment

I don't have any good insider info, but Metra is actually hiring right now

Comment

Originally posted by INKEDlawman View Post
            Coming from Az should not cause you any problems. Our lengthy hiring processes will probably be your biggest headache.

Comment

A lot of departments have no issues with out of state laterals, especially since a lot of states require more than the 400 hours that most IL academies are. As mentioned earlier, get ready for the wait, or hope that all the stars fall in your lap.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                I don't have any good insider info, but Metra is actually hiring right now
                salary is 44k for metra. wonder what top pay is....?
                Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

My relative is topped out and his base is somewhere low 80s.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. I guess the only thing i need to worry about is the hiring wait time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9899 users online. 460 members and 9439 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X