300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodridge PD

Any info on the department? Shifts, pay? Sounds like a great department with some good people.

they have 2? in the academy now, 2 didnt make it out of FTO last time around. 500 people will be at this test just like every year and roughly half will fail the test statistically. They interview until they have a list of 30 people then they cut it off. Great department to work for overall. Woodridge is a HUGE city theres a nice part, middle class part, section 8 part and a huge industrial park so youll see everything. I know ill be applying again.
    Please let me know, Thank you.
    US Army 13M

Comment

I was number 62 after the written test and ended up getting an interview last testing cycle with Woodridge. Didn't make it past the Oral Interview though. Oh well. Good luck to all. Overall I heard it was a good department, thats why I tested with them last time lol

Comment

Very good department. Progressive, and lots of variety. I understand the chief is a good guy, too.
        "Well I'd lock him up for what we know he did, and then throw in a few extra years for what he probably did." ~Hank Hill

"Why do you need to carry a gun? There aren't any bad people in this town..."

Comment

Woodridge is a very good PD made up of very good people with a good equipment. But Edge, where do you get it is a HUGE city??? It's about 32,000 people. Medium maybe, but huge?
          www.saveavet.org

Comment

the population isnt that big but woodridge extends from lemont road and internationale parkway to route 53 and international parkway to 75th and lemont then to naperville. Cant forget all that industrial part...
            US Army 13M

Comment

Edge, your geography is a bit off. Woodridge's industrial ends east of Rt 53 at Joliet road. The rest of the industrial is Bolingbrook and then Romeoville further south. Woodridge is about 8.5 sq miles and Bolingbrook is 26 sq miles just to compare. Again Woodridge is a great town but it is medium sized.

Map of Woodridge:
              http://villageofwoodridge.com/upload...Map%202007.pdf

Bolingbrook map so you can see how it splices with Woodridge:
              http://www.bolingbrook.com/info/pdf/...yMap3_3_09.pdf
              Last edited by dogcop; 04-30-2009, 07:01 AM.
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

Good call. I spent alot of time in woodridge and it seems bigger than it really is i guess. Bottom line is hopefully my luck this time around is better with WPD!
                US Army 13M

Comment

Yep... I was there also. I was expecting the long exam that PSR used for another test I took, so I was kind of surprised by the shortness of the exam and it really was not that hard. Sounds like only a few will be gettting interviews though... so unless you in the top, I think you will be sitting for awhile. I know a few guysthat work there from when I went to the academy, one left law enforcement during his final phase of FTO and the other is still there doing well. They have been active in hiring in the last few years. Strict department... but good pay, equipement, and area. Let's hope for the best... they got one of the higher starting pays so I was pretty shocked to only see the 175 people there. Oh well... Better for us

Comment

Scored an 82.xx and am in the 45-50 range. I thought I rocked that test but I guess not... Oh well. Put me on the list.

Comment

gogokart I am exactly where you are. scored an 82.xx and in the same range. Well who knows maybe they will go through the list fast considering how many people fail their FTO lol

Comment

Does anyone know if this list already includes preference points? or how we go about requesting them?

Comment

Originally posted by RMatheny15 View Post
                          Does anyone know if this list already includes preference points? or how we go about requesting them?
                          I mean they already have them, but will be added in for the final list. You do not need to do anything else.
                          Last edited by gogokart98; 08-03-2011, 08:31 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

the info on the side indicates the list does not yet include pref points. I think you needed to apply for them during the application, so if you didn't you're out of luck.

Comment

Just got a call for interviews next week. Im right around 40 on the list.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9925 users online. 500 members and 9425 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X