Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't listen to that "not hiring" BS. The same guy, said the same thing last time they tested, and I know they hired at least 5/6 and got to around 35 on the list. So much for "not hiring", lol.

That math section was rough. A lot of those problems needed a decent amount of work to figure out, and the time wasn't forgiving in that section. I finished the other sections with at least 10-minutes left to play around/review questions/answers. However, that math section was silly.

Like I said initially though, if you are not above the 92/93 range, forget it. I almost punched the wall when I saw my score of 92 being only good enough for 50's, lol.

Comment

How did i miss this, didn't even see this posted, when was the app due?

Comment

It was only posted on one hiring website that I visit, and the village website itself. App period was only maybe two weeks? I live right near by so I called and discussed this with them prior, so I knew it was coming, lol. App was July 9th - 19th I believe?

It had to have been advertised elsewhere though. They had "over 100 applications" according to the orientation.

Comment

Any news??
          "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

A whole lot of nothing... I recall them saying that they may be hiring 1/2 over the course of this list, but i highly doubt that is even the case. Also, Palos Heights is notorious for grabbin up laterals, which is what their practice has been for the past couple hires. If any1 hears anything i'm assuming it would be #1 or whoever the #1 cert person is.

Comment

Well, even a initial list. I would like to think that would have been mailed by now.
              "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

The final list is on their website. I have a 90+ and I'm in the 40 range. I stopped paying attention. Palos never sends anything. Once the initial list was on their site, that's when you had the 10 days for preference. Now the final is up there.

I met someone who almost got on with Palos. He went through the physical, background, psych, etc. Didnt end up hearing anything back. When he called and wanted to know why happened. They told him flat out they decided to go with a lateral instead and that he was considered "off the list". Needless to say, he was not pleased.

Comment

sorry Lock, yea the lists were out a long time ago. Like raiden said, at the orientation b4 the test they said nothing would be mailed, only on website/posted at their city hall.

That sux to hear that about that guy, and unfortunately, that's how palos does business. I would be extremely upset as well.

Comment

Damn. I missed that. I found it and feel like a dumb *** for not remembering that. Oh well.
                    Last edited by LockednLoaded; 08-31-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I thought it was tacky that the board and PD members who were there, kept shaking the hands and being talkative and social with all their friends who were testing. I know of two laterals that were in front of me, whom all the board members, the command staff who was there, etc were VERY talkative with. I don't see them getting on there at all! Lol.

I just don't see why a department like this, just doesn't test with laterals/certified.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                        I thought it was tacky that the board and PD members who were there, kept shaking the hands and being talkative and social with all their friends who were testing. I know of two laterals that were in front of me, whom all the board members, the command staff who was there, etc were VERY talkative with. I don't see them getting on there at all! Lol.

I just don't see why a department like this, just doesn't test with laterals/certified.
                        +1

Comment

I know this is an older thread, however I brought it up to ask a question about that past process because I was there also. I got a call from a SGT on Wednesday, he said they were updating their list to see if candidates on the list were still interested. He did not get into any specifics except that they hired only 2 since 7/12. Anyway, the question is did anyone else get that call and also anyone know of any vacancy/future retirements, etc. there or how far they are on the list? ^BTW Raiden, I did pick up on that whole hand-shake thing (smh)!

Comment

I haven't received any calls, but I don't really plan to anyway. Like I said, I'm in the 40's range. I didn't even update my application with them to say I was certified either.

I do know a guy who was previously on that PD. He spoke highly of it. Good technology & vehicles, good morale, good money, etc. Some people just find their 12hr shifts difficult. The vehicles they drive have the BRIGHTEST LED's I have ever seen, lol.

Comment

Oh ok. That's good information, thanks. I agree about the LED's, although I don't know if it's the lighting on Harlem or like you said, but you almost can't look at the squad when it's lit up...it's like trying to stare at the Sun, haha! I do know that they are very proactive. If any PD is to ever pull you over it's them. I believe they issued the most traffic citations in the state, or real close to it, if im not mistaken. Just try to go 5 over on that stretch and you get 1 car...2 minutes later...another does a u-turn on Harlem and then the supervisor drives by to make sure they can handle it, lol! I pass through there alot...some family that way. They're on top of everything that's for sure and I like to see that!

Comment

They are very proactive traffic ticket writers. Also, if you are not going to make probation there, they will tell you as they fire you a day or 2 before your probation is up. Kind of crappy move if you ask me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8759 users online. 406 members and 8353 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X